CadiRat adventures

That should be a 800 cfm Qjet. The secondary pulloff can be removed, glad you found one. Cliff's pull offs are the best, he actually adds restriction so they don't release too quickly and cause a bog. Yeah probably the factory fuel pump. Glad the old girl is still floating along.
It’s actually a 750 cfm. I looked down the throat and it didn’t have the two little bumps the 800’s have. I had two that I sold for my brother never figured on having something to put them on. But I got all the parts after some searching! Thank you though!!

It’s actually a 750 cfm. I looked down the throat and it didn’t have the two little bumps the 800’s have. I had two that I sold for my brother never figured on having something to put them on. But I got all the parts after some searching! Thank you though!!
Good Lord, they didn't think a 500 ci engine could use more cfm? Crazy, exactly why they are malaise era cars.

Good Lord, they didn't think a 500 ci engine could use more cfm? Crazy, exactly why they are malaise era cars.
True, but the intake is a major strangulation factor for power. As I read it is an up flow intake to make the carb and air cleaner fit under the hood. Meaning after the carb it goes down then up to get into the heads. That’s per a Cadillac performance site and parts sales. If you go back and look at the picture of the engine I posted, you can literally see how it was that way. 😓Cost of the aluminum performance intake is not cheap!

I had a 70 Sedan DeVille in senior year, 500 cubes. Even back then performance parts were impossible, and if you did find something it was beyond touch of the typical high school student.

The one I got from GK Chevy for $250, had a hitch to tow a boat. The car was full of Florida tri-fold brochures of yacht clubs and boat launches.

As big as it was it was 10 mpg City or Highway didn't really matter. Had it above 100 but not for long. About 90 mph the front end shook so bad, that was scary enough.

Got more work done on it Saturday. Cleaned and ground out the areas around the front and rear windows prepped with some rust-oleum paint so I can lay down the urethane window sealer. Should probably pull the front one but lack the help to pull and reset. So cheap and duty it will be! Also got some of the floor patched. Welding to rust is so fun!😵‍💫welds look ugly but as long as they hold, I’m happy
IMG_7088.jpeg
IMG_7090.jpeg
IMG_7089.jpeg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor