CadiRat adventures

No no no... Stitch some license plates together, paint them black and call it good. Cover with some old carpet from the alley next to the dumpster... Brings back memories!

Actually ; how bad is the damage on the roof under the vinyl top?
Vinyl was gone when I got the car off my best buddy. Mostly rear chrome and top of the windshield and rear window. Both had unsealed areas of gaskets as well.
I used a Duster and a rotted Cutlass trunk lid for steel (free steel is good!). Sealed the windows with urethane window sealer. Fiberglassed the holes, undercoated whole roof then painted the roof with flat black rust-oleum. The floor will get sealed with roofing tar underneath and paint in truck bed liner inside. Seals and covers for state inspection in NH. If it lasts a couple/three years I’m happy. Motor and transmission is the main saving factor that I promised my buddy to stay going as the car had belonged to a good friend of his that passed. They will become a ratrod truck when the time comes.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor