Cam cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archer1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2022
My timing light wouldn’t work and I probably should have recorded from the middle behind the engine for better acoustics. I may take the 1.6 rockers off and get the intake to close earlier.

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Certainly a good starting point. I do remember that grind really came alive about 3,000 rpm and the car kept pulling hard all the way to a 6,500 rpm shift. At least that's how it was in my dad's chevelle. It really made for a fun and exciting ride especially with the muncie M21 and 4.56 gears. The biggest problem with it was you always seemed to either run out of road or you were looking for another gear beyond 4th. It probably wouldn't go much past 100 or 110 all in but boy did it ever seem to get there almost instantly.

Reactions: 1 user

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
It should sound really nice once you get in a car and hook it up to a good exhaust.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
My timing light wouldn’t work and I probably should have recorded from the middle behind the engine for better acoustics. I may take the 1.6 rockers off and get the intake to close earlier.
The 1.6 rockers have minimal effect on when the valve closes and why would you want to do that? Ratio changes lift more than duration. It probably has maybe 4-5 overall degrees change in duration overall for a cam that size. So split that on the backside when the valve closes and you take away the scavenging to the cylinder by opening the valve earlier to blow the exhaust out.

Archer1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2022
There is so much overlap I don’t think It needs the 1.6 rocker but we’ll see after it goes in the car. I wish I had just a little more compression but I think it’s pretty good the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor