*CENSORED*
rebecca-jack-black.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Don't think he's feeling any love for us anymore. Guessing he left us for better/more knowlegeable experts.
backing up homer simpson GIF

I think he might be back.

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Something tells me Christmas holiday caused funding to go to different avenues.

When the guy can get into a McDonalds on their wifi and post an update on the shitbox, we will see.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Something tells me Christmas holiday caused funding to go to different avenues.
And nobody could have possibly foreseen additional expenses around Christmas. Seems like a perfectly reasonable time to tear apart your only transportation. Hope Santa brought him that garden hose.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
eb0fc4b87fea9dbd1fb06a836f354bde73d0259a0a298893c1bffb15efb70cbc.jpg

Old ElCo Dude

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2020
Really interested in what cam you used ? I had a 78 Cutlass 305 in the 90's not an L69 and the cam had about 4 lobes gone.Valve covers were never off the motor and it was as produced by the General. Engine had 54K on it but IDK the oil change history before I bought it so it could be part of the way it was maintained.
Anyway replaced the cam with the Summit 1102 along with a new timing chain never bothered with the cam bearings and drove it another 30K with much better maintenence though.
At this time you need to drain the motor oil and check the oil and the filter for debris.Make sure to remove the oil filter before you put the drain plug back in. That is more important than you know. Also you should cut the filter open to look for metal plus the bottom of your drain pan look for shiny pieces there too.
But I agree with you on this R&R'ing an engine is a bigger procedure than you're ready for at this time. I would take your pics of the cam bearing and talk to a local engine rebuilder and ask for his opinion on those bearings .For my opinion if that was my engine and I couldn't R&R it to do it right I would take the chance and install the new cam and lifters reuse that new timing chain set and cross my fingers and roll the dice. Don't use too big of a camshaft thats asking for more trouble.
The Summit cams are great but don't overlook Elgin and Howard cams

https://www.competitionproducts.com/

Good place to get camshaft from they also offer

and this is another option

Good Luck with whatever you choose

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I havent been on the site much this week but I was wondering what happened to tynan. Dont see him on FB at all. Maybe he got rid of the Monte and took some advice. Maybe I should look at Camry groups or Toyota forums. LOL

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Some people take it to heart when you tell them good real world advice. Providing for a baby will come before all and certain things needs to happen for that. Having a heap of crap car isn't one of them.

Reactions: 3 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still. - Don't remember who the heck said it.

With all the "information" on the internet and then add "social media" the amount of stupid car people have multiplied exponentially leading those that don't know into bad situations that get compounded. Unfortunately Tynan didn't take the boards help and consulted the masses and will pay dearly. Hope he found someone he could "trust" and got it figured out as I hate to lose another G-body enthusiast.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor