Can i get some help a queston about 4 wheelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT

Master Mechanic
Apr 13, 2011
S.carolina
I bought a 03 honda 400ex today and it rides good.Toyed around with it for 30 min no problem.Well i go in the house the old lady decides to take it up the street .It kept cutting of on her cause she was havin problem getting it in gear.I believeshe kept giving it gas.Well now i cant get it to start ,i wanna say its flooded..Can anyone tell me what i need to do to try to get it to turn over are what i should do or be looking for.Sorry if i havent gave enpugh info ican ride but dont know much about atv motors.Any help would be appreciated.Thank You..

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
On most four wheelers I've been around, there is a "fuel kill switch" when it isn't running and u don't plan to hop back on it immediately or pretty soon,be sure to turn the fuel switch off, if it's left on for a period of time, it will be flooded and not start damn near every time.

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT

Master Mechanic
Apr 13, 2011
S.carolina
Evan's 85 said:
On most four wheelers I've been around, there is a "fuel kill switch" when it isn't running and u don't plan to hop back on it immediately or pretty soon,be sure to turn the fuel switch off, if it's left on for a period of time, it will be flooded and not start damn near every time.
Thanks for the reply thsts exactly what was happening.
Cant wait for sunday gonna find a trail and do some serious ridin.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
Evan's 85 said:
Thanks for the reply thsts exactly what was happening.
Cant wait for sunday gonna find a trail and do some serious ridin.
yep no prob..have fun

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
It's called a petcock aka the fuel shut off valve. I've got more experience with dirt bikes and quads than anything else on this world. It's definitely possible that if you leave the petcock open then it could flood the engine, but on every bike I have ever owned I have never had that problem. If you have a starting problem you either have a fouled plug, low compression, or you need to clean out the jets on your carb. ATV and dirt bike engines are very easy to work on, but at the same time can be very finicky they like everything to be just so... Clean or replace your oil, air, and fuel filters and change your oil very often, replaces your sparkplug every few hours of run time and keep a spare or two with you on rides, and run good quality premium gas and you shouldn't have problems.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
mine always flooded everytime i left it on. great idea to shut it off. x2 on good fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor