Can someone help me identify this cutlass??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2016
Im looking at this cutlass and am being told its a 1988. The rear end looks true enough but the front end doesnt look like an 88 to me at all. Any thoughts?

$_27-2.JPG
$_27.JPG

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
it has newer tail lights so it has the correct ones there but older older front clip from around 1981-83 dont fully remember. to fully know is to get the vin number

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would definitely want to compare the vin with the title before considering that and what is that on the side it looks like a step for a conversion van.

Nov 4, 2012
I would definitely want to compare the vin with the title before considering that and what is that on the side it looks like a step for a conversion van.

Lol running boards on a cutlass, that's a first for me. I don't know of anyone who needs running boards to get in and out of a G Body. From the factory these cars are what, 6 inches off the ground? 6 inches, what a climb!

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i know the running boards look funny, but i think they are salt guards. i have heard about these being used in canada.

as for the year, i don't know, older front end. wheels look right. the script on vinyl top looks like it says cutlass supreme classic. check the vin, check for damage or overspray on car.

looks like nice car from here

MCMLXXXVII

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2016
Decatur, GA
Yeah man, people are only going to be able to guess. There's no real way to tell just but looking at a picture. You'd have to run the VIN number or check the sticker on the inside jam area of the driver's side door. The sticker on the door will have the month and year that the car was built. People swap front clips and tail lights all the time. Either way, it's clean and if the price is reasonable I'd go ahead and buy it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
If it does turn out to be an '88, the different front clip or header would be a big red flag for me. Means its been wrecked and possibly wrecked hard. Make sure its straight. Either that or someone just didn't like the "Euro" nose.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Have you talked to the owner personally? I did before Christmas. He assured me it was an 88 and knew that the front end wasn't original, he is not sure why it was changed but told me there were no accident reports on it. I never did look at it in person.

Are you in Regina?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor