Can we get along now? Summit has LS firing order cams

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I have been running the 4/7 swap cams in my Big blocks since they came out, it definitely runs smoother and has a slightly different sound, I would be curious how the additional 2/3 swap works
I agree. I had the 4/7 cams in my race engines. Was never involved in a ls swap firing order to see the gains if any.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Here, instead of you fighting me, contact Summit & tell them they are in the wrong so they can pull that cam shaft, tell who ever came up wit it they are wrong OK.
I have both firing orders listed, they have both firing orders listed in the online catalog, the tech article from them have it. My 1981 CSM, list SBC as 18436572 and my Chiltons for my 2015 Silverado list LSx as 1872543. Some some where there are GM engineers wrong.
Please accept the facts, the truth that the Chevrolet SBC/BBC/W-Block firing orders are not the same as the GM LS/LT V8's. Let the other members enjoy the humor I was trying to put out there on something someone might of had interest in. I don't want to bother getting into a pissing contest over & ready to buy product from a vender that a lot of members here use just because some one who slams the fact one might not like a LSx in their ride had an opinion that's void over muiltible posting of infomation from the sources to verifying what was in the original post to including an article that had the research done by the company selling the product.

Anyone else interested in this just check out Summit, they will steer you in the right direction.

To those who can fill free to lock up this thread cause at this point I don't need or want a negative roll on this thread.
Lol......bruh calm down.

I stated what I stated just as a little extra tid bit of car knowledge, there is no "fight" here.

I'll break it down army style.. ;)

First off I'm well aware of the GM Firing orders, not what I'm talking about here. That one went over your head. SBF = Small Block Ford. ;)

Now, you take an LS Engine, any one of them, put it next to a SBF, start the crank rotation in the same direction with the same Piston of the two as your starting point, follow the Pistons and what cylinder is sent the magic angry little spark pixies, and they are identical.

Ford identifies the Cylinders differently from GM numerically, but they both fire the same pistons in the same order. That's it.

Little tid bit of interesting gee wizz car info.

You good now?🤣

Last edited:

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I agree. I had the 4/7 cams in my race engines. Was never involved in a ls swap firing order to see the gains if any.
First time I've ever seen it. Seen the 4/7 years ago. Makes me wonder as well.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
It'll be cooler when summit has flat plane cranks and cams.
All the RPMs...

To The Moon Gme GIF by Partiful

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Lol......bruh calm down.

I stated what I stated just as a little extra tid bit of car knowledge, there is no "fight" here.

I'll break it down army style.. ;)

First off I'm well aware of the GM Firing orders, not what I'm talking about here. That one went over your head. SBF = Small Block Ford. ;)

Now, you take an LS Engine, any one of them, put it next to a SBF, start the crank rotation in the same direction with the same Piston of the two as your starting point, follow the Pistons and what cylinder is sent the magic angry little spark pixies, and they are identical.

Ford identifies the Cylinders differently from GM numerically, but they both fire the same pistons in the same order. That's it.

Little tid bit of interesting gee wizz car info.

You good now?🤣
I'll admit my mistake since I was working on something a little more important that what pertains to this site. Now if I was going to bring up about a Ford engne in this equation I would of but I was only going on the SBC & LS. But history on the petty SBC/LS discussions/name calling that happens on this site unfortunately kinda leans to this reacton. So it's know, I might of done things with Windsors, Clevelands, Modifieds & FEs. Even Mopar & air cooled VW.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I'll admit my mistake since I was working on something a little more important that what pertains to this site. Now if I was going to bring up about a Ford engne in this equation I would of but I was only going on the SBC & LS. But history on the petty SBC/LS discussions/name calling that happens on this site unfortunately kinda leans to this reacton. So it's know, I might of done things with Windsors, Clevelands, Modifieds & FEs. Even Mopar & air cooled VW.
No worries haha I knew exactly what you were tracking on, me being the resident LS guy yea I'm sure it's a curve ball I mention something outside of GM. I just keep some tabs on what's out there. :)

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
First time I've ever seen it. Seen the 4/7 years ago. Makes me wonder as well.
They were available. I know LSM cams were doing it. Other companies weren’t really grinding them unless it was really custom. We dynoed engines with the 4/7 and it was hit or miss as to whether the combo saw a difference or not. I can say we never lost power so it was always worth doing based on the chance it may be worth a few.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Air cooled VWs don't have a firing order. It's just random.

• Haha

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Air cooled VWs don't have a firing order. It's just random.
On the '71 Karmann Ghia I was given did a lot of things random. Leak oil, run, electrical system complete a circuit when turned on, pump fuel with the mechanical pump... One thing it didn't do randomly was spend my money on what it needed. Hated it, miss it, want another to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor