Cant BELIEVE it was in the junk yard! Ever had that experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I know one of the coolest things is to go on a treasure hunt in a junk yard hunting for parts and treasures. I can remember seeing a few vehicles I couldn't believe someone had junked. One was a GORGEOUS 1987 Buick Park avenue RARE coupe, leather perfect rust free body :( Another was a 1979 Buick Century sport coupe, both of these were long ago, but still remembered. Its a shame no one saved them (and once in the yard, there is no point of return either) yards already have done the paperwork and won't sell them, they are destined to the crushers eventually. Whats your experience ? Ever see a car that shouldn't have been in a junk yard??...... Please share :)

Last edited:

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Pretty ok (but mostly bondo past the rear doors) freshly/recently painted metallic copper 71 malibu sedan. still had headers, weiand intake, and a carter (yes, carter) 4 barrel on it. Got the carb from it, next time I came in it was all smashed and upside down. one of the doors was bent straight on the ground a few yards away. This is kind of an in-between pic. The day I got the carb off it.
coppermalibu.jpg

Oh, here's that cutlass I mentioned in your other thread. Now that I look at it, maybe this was the best thing to happen to this car in a while, lol.
halfcut.jpg

And that regal that looks like mine except the gold stripes, mine are silver.
yawsregal.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
look at the front corner of that 60s era chevy. I haven't seen anything that old in my area junk yards in about 15 years.

msd099

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2017
Lexington Ky
I came across this one a 2 years ago in a pull a part. Don't see how it was not folding in half, floors and frame were toast.
IMG_2363.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Another example of one person's junk is another's treasure.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Yeah, there's a few mid 60s full size chevys there, a wagon too. 62/3 Buick special, couple cars from the 40s, a LOT of saturns (all with bent rear axles), buncha SN95 mustangs, few square body things, etc. it's a good yard. people suck, but it's a pretty decent little yard.

msd099

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2017
Lexington Ky
Here's another that I came across last fall. Probably can guess it doesn't look that complete now. Last time I was there it looked like they were about ready to crush the remains which wasn't much.
STK041435.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor