Car wash tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
tc1959 said:
The trick part is My Ol lady doesn't know that there is a bar by the car wash :lol:

Does she know that there are topless women washing your car? I might need to stay I the car if this was the case. Hahaha :rofl:

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
pontiacgp said:
tc1959 said:
I take it to the hand wash and pay them $15 to do it, It comes out great.
It's pretty easy and I get to go next door and have a cold beer. :wink: :rofl:

that's not a trick, that's just smart... :mrgreen:
Ive never seen my car get very clean when someone else washes it....so I prefer to do it myself...much like most of the mechanical work. When I grow too old to do it....I'll pay someone else...but I havent gotten to that point yet.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I used to work in and manage a truck wash. I wash my car the same way we washed trucks:

-Use the wand on 'soap' first. This gets rid of the dust and a lot of the grime.
-Then hand wash (with a sponge and/or a brush) the whole thing.
-Use some SOS pads on the tires, and exhaust tips (chrome ones)
-Rinse it off with the wand
-Apply wax if you desire

Something to know about car washes. Most of them use soap that won't streak or leave any marks behind if not rinsed off. Then they go and put a bit of soap in the rinse water, that way you spend a lot more time and money trying to rinse away soap. So unless your on your way to a car show, don't be to worried about that last bit of soap that just won't rinse off.

Also, like I said, I worked in a truck wash. If you want to clean your greasy engine bay, these places are good because they usually have all kinds of grease removers. Just be careful if you wash your car in one. The pressure is a lot higher than in car washes. I seen LOTS of paint fly off because people held the want to close.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Phoenyx said:
I used to work in and manage a truck wash. I wash my car the same way we washed trucks:

-Use the wand on 'soap' first. This gets rid of the dust and a lot of the grime.
-Then hand wash (with a sponge and/or a brush) the whole thing.
-Use some SOS pads on the tires, and exhaust tips (chrome ones)
-Rinse it off with the wand
-Apply wax if you desire

Something to know about car washes. Most of them use soap that won't streak or leave any marks behind if not rinsed off. Then they go and put a bit of soap in the rinse water, that way you spend a lot more time and money trying to rinse away soap. So unless your on your way to a car show, don't be to worried about that last bit of soap that just won't rinse off.

Also, like I said, I worked in a truck wash. If you want to clean your greasy engine bay, these places are good because they usually have all kinds of grease removers. Just be careful if you wash your car in one. The pressure is a lot higher than in car washes. I seen LOTS of paint fly off because people held the want to close.
So your saying we should wash with the rinse .... and rinse with the wash?....lol J/K I never use a brush on the painted surface....Mainly because ya never know who used it before you and what they used it for. Those brushes can hold dirt, grease, mud, etc...and thats not good for a nice paint job.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I meant, wash with wand, wash with brush/sponge, then rinse with wand :)

Also, before I use the brushes: I lay them on the ground (bristle side up) and spray the s*it out of it with the wand.

And something I remember my old auto body teacher telling me. He said he would choose a brush over a sponge. Because any dirt or grime the sponge picks up will stay right on the surface and can cause scratches.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
foxtrot said:
tc1959 said:
The trick part is My Ol lady doesn't know that there is a bar by the car wash :lol:

Does she know that there are topless women washing your car? I might need to stay I the car if this was the case. Hahaha :rofl:
No topless women washing the cars , but the bar has a great Humidor, For those of you that are under the age of 30 thats a really good place to store very good old cigars in a climate controlled room.They also have really good, Very old whiskey. 8)

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
tc1959 said:
foxtrot said:
tc1959 said:

No topless women washing the cars , but the bar has a great Humidor, For those of you that are under the age of 30 thats a really good place to store very good old cigars in a climate controlled room.They also have really good, Very old whiskey. 8)

:rofl: That reminds me, years ago, adultworld used to have topless car wash days, with lunch specials! Never went to one, they were long gone by the time I learned about them :( .

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
I prefer to use the coin operated washes, because after the wash you can rinse with high-speed hot wax, and most of them also have a "spotless rinse" which minimized water marks.

The fake shammois work best, folded up (after getting damp). The wax rinse makes it easy to wipe any water spots that may have dried before you're able to wipe it.

I also like to use the wax spray during the drying and wiping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor