Changed dash cluster and have a battery drain now

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
CutlassGrandNational said:
reffered to a picture of the dash cluster with the bulbs in it and arranged them in that order. found a blue bulb used that for the charge light ( had a black one there) and this solves my alternator problem but not the gas gauge. I also see on the reference manual another blue bulb behind the gagues. I have a green bulb there and I'm out of blue. Is this my problem? where can I get the blue bulbs from? I searched for awhile all over the internet and never really found anything. not even Ebay.

and I just realized the speedo isn't working. after awhile of sitting when the car is off the needle will rest but when I'm driving and I come to a stop the needle reads 10mph. Can I adjust this?

Sorry for the headache.

I believe the Olds clusters require a wire swap on the connecotr when changing from lightsd to gauges. here is a link

http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=35
http://tech.oldsgmail.com/eint_rallye_swap.html

gs dewd

Greasemonkey
May 25, 2008
Crimora, Va
The bulb color won't have anything to do with the problems your having. Recheck all your wiring and make sure everything thing is wired correctly. thespeedo is cable driven so you may not have it pluged in all the way so check that.

CutlassGrandNational

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2008
Speedo will not rest when it's unplugged either if I spin it myself. It's pushed all the way and clipped. Very certain of that.

The pink wire for the fuel indicator which goes to socket number 3 on the clip is in it's proper place.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
I just had similar problems. It was the ground. I am not a fan of the one wire altenators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor