Status
Not open for further replies.

hotrod87

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2010
Plainfield, IN
DrRansom442 said:
hotrod87 said:
I just get personal with you....on my very first post you slammed me without knowing the first thing about me....so as far as i was concerned fine let the sparing begin lol...and honestly if it didn't seem to bug you so much i most likely wouldn't do it......as far as the *ss kissing part.....if agreeing with someone make me an *ss kisser so be it....i tend not to post when i disagree(i leave that up to you) 6'4" is very tall and i glad you haven't had any complaints...just try to convince yourself, cause if you feel good on the inside you will see how tall 6'4 really is

Well, I fail to see ANY reason to make an internet discussion personal, shows a real lack of maturity (warning an opinion) ... especially name calling or second guessing anyone's experience or abilities ... especially when they haven't given you much to question. As for the comments you've made .... I certainly haven't lost any sleep ... laughed emm off mostly but sure no lost sleep. By all means have your opinions and I shall have mine .... should someone post on a forum asking advice - I am not going to hesitate offerring up my $.02, just because someone else MAY disagree. As far as your unsubstaniated claim of me trying to runoff the noobs .... who suggested I stick with the Olds forums? You keep egging me on and I do try and remain a gentleman. Let bygones be bygones .... old Irish saying "what's done is done and can never be undone."

hotrod87

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2010
Plainfield, IN
Well, I fail to see ANY reason to make an internet discussion personal, shows a real lack of maturity (warning an opinion) ... especially name calling or second guessing anyone's experience or abilities ... especially when they haven't given you much to question. As for the comments you've made .... I certainly haven't lost any sleep ... laughed emm off mostly but sure no lost sleep. By all means have your opinions and I shall have mine .... should someone post on a forum asking advice - I am not going to hesitate offerring up my $.02, just because someone else MAY disagree. As far as your unsubstaniated claim of me trying to runoff the noobs .... who suggested I stick with the Olds forums? You keep egging me on and I do try and remain a gentleman. Let bygones be bygones .... old Irish saying "what's done is done and can never be undone."[/quote][/quote]

I still have trouble with the quote thing...i don't remember suggesting that you stick to olds forums that must have been someone else...if i did i shouldn't have, i have read your posts and like i said before i typically agree with you...and you should have laughed them off, since i was just trying to ruffle your feathers....ok let bygones be bygones....another old irish saying "on the day that you die may you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows your dead!!"

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
shotgun said:
1) Full tune up & service including compression check

2) mild gears

3) single 3" pipe after the cat to crossflow muffler for the duals look

4) find or make a dual inlet air cleaner with fresh air tubes

5) retune now that the engine can breath

6) 75 shot of N2O applied in 2nd gear on up

I forgot, reduced weight = horsepower. There are lots of aluminum parts for these cars from the factory that can net a couple 100# of weight. After that use your imagination.

I vote these ideas^^^

weight reduction on these cars is so simple. Fiberglass hood & trunk deck, remove front/back seats and replace front seats with lightweight racing ones, that's -250 lbs. you can get crazy here too, there are so many fiberglass parts available, and as shotgun said lots of stock aluminum parts

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
custom442 said:
weight reduction on these cars is so simple. Fiberglass hood & trunk deck, remove front/back seats and replace front seats with lightweight racing ones, that's -250 lbs. you can get crazy here too, there are so many fiberglass parts available, and as shotgun said lots of stock aluminum parts

250 lbs?.....easy...I just have to get out of the car.. 8)

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
pontiacgp said:
custom442 said:

250 lbs?.....easy...I just have to get out of the car.. 8)

haha, just lay the seat back for better weight distribution

Haxi

n00b
Feb 23, 2010
hi I have a 84 monte carlo ss thats pushing about 400 hp and now i need to do something about the rear end. its the stock 7.5 10 bolt rear end. before i upgraded the motor, i had 4.11 gears and a locker. but now that im pushing more power should i upgrade my current dif or lay down the cash to buy a 8.5 10 bolt or something else?

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
I've run 375hp on a stock 7.5" (original axles & all) for 2 summers now without issue. If you're only around 400hp you should be able to upgrade the axles & maybe find a used support cover. If you get an 8.5" you'll also have to have the driveshaft shortened to keep from breaking the trans with the yoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor