Chevy 350 Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Well I know it is possible to replace the seal while in the car but my personal advice would be to pull the engine if it is indeed the seal. I don't like working under a car on my back when replacing something in the bottom end.

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
yeah I got the long weekend so im pulling it now. I can just loosen the caps and tap the bottom seal around and off right? I dont need to remove the crank

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
so I removed the headers to get then engine out again and notice on cylinder number 6 and 7, there was alot of oil coming out of the exhaust port. The header had a coat of oil all over, but only on those 2, did I mess up the valve adjustment on those ones?

othtim

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2010
Check the valve guides on those cylinders. They may be eccesssively worn. Are the valve seals still there? They may be ruined.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
If oil did get into the exhaust port the only way I can think of that it would have gotten there would be through the valve guide or valve seal. So ya, agree with othtim.

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
Having some troubles getting this thing running.. It starts up no problem but today after about 2 mins of total running time i got this terrible screeching noise. and my lack of experience doesnt help. Does anyone know what this might be? im worried i messed something up during the build and now something is rubbing. heres a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbePyx2_zlo&feature=plcp

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor