chevy 350 questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
much better! you might want to drop the idle a touch so it's about 8-900 in neutral, but it also depends on how it drives.

Attachments

• 100_4471.JPG
    100_4471.JPG
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 180
well if i turn the idle back down out of gear to 800 900 ish it drops to about 600 650ish in gear, and i still have an issue with my secondaries where the car sputters when they open up

thats sounds like you need a bigger pump shot, also place your squirter cam in the 1 position, that may help

check your power valve you may need a different one, put the car in gear and check the vacuum, the divide that number in 1/2 thats what power valve you need.

that 570 is plenty of carb for a mild 350

ok i disagree, i think your carb is fine for that setup, a 570 will run what you have if setup properly..is it ideal for performance..well obviously not.

did you use vortec plugs? they are specific, old style sbc head plugs are way shorter then vortec plugs
check out this:
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/alter ... ost3221278

the wrong plugs will cause all kinds of problems, ran across that scenario when building a vortec headed tbi motor. there truck would idle ok, down low would do ok but miss occasionally, up top ran really bad and had overheating problems.

do you have a fan shroud around the flex fan?
also whats your fuel pressure?

ERIC87442 said:
whats this squirter cam you speak of?

If you look at your linkage that connects to your squirter/acclerator pump you should see a orange cam thats made out of plastic and on it you should see the number 1 and 2, i think they are set on 2 from the factory so set it on 1, that way it delivers the fuel quicker, that may sovle some of your issues

http://www.holley.com/data/TechService/ ... 20View.pdf

item 53 is you pump cam you can use any combanation of the holes on the cam and linkage to get desired results

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor