choosing an alternator

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazykyle

Master Mechanic
Sep 7, 2009
I'm looking for an alternator for my 83 olds.the problem I'm having is that i have a deeper pulley on it and at low rpms doesn't give me enough juice to power up my lights and then when my electric fan kicks on lights get dimmer yet.anyone have a good answer for this one.i'm running a 350 chevy with a large cam and 456 gears if that helps.

krazykyle

Master Mechanic
Sep 7, 2009
i have a deeper pulley so i won't throw belts.what alternator will fit that car that has a higher amp put out.

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.

krazykyle

Master Mechanic
Sep 7, 2009
well since I'm going with a 140 amp alternator will i see anymore performance in my car.will a higher amp output affect my car in anyway.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
The only reason you would need a 140A alternator is if you were running like 12 TV's throughout your car :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor