Classic car insurance for your G-body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMP440

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
Florida
Who on the board has classic car insurance coverage for their car? What insurance company are you using? Thanks.

George

Cutty1

Master Mechanic
Nov 29, 2008
metro detroit
hagerty i dont have them yet but i will give them a call once the car is done

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Hagerty on all but the cutlass and my dad's 60 Plymouth. The 60 has Grundy. Both are great companies, I'd suggest hagerty as the first choice though. Cutlass will go on there when I get another car.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
But aren't you limited as to how many miles that you can drive it with classic insurance or is that antique? What are the benefits of classic insurance?

Geed_up_442

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
Not sure about the mile limitations with the collector car insurance. But they offer an agreed value as oppose to allstate,geico,progressive telling you the value your car is worth.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I'm on my second year with Hagerty,seems OK so far.
Guy

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
BIG benefits. I have no limits on any car on either company. You are only not supposed to be using it for basic transportation, however to and from shows, parades, and on cruises and pleasure day driving are acceptable. Also, you have an agreed value for your car, so if your $1200 book value h/o gets wrecked you'll get the real value out of it. Also, classic companies DONT want to total out your car, they are car people and are usually very helpful when it comes to getting your car fixed, because unlike regular insurance companies, they understand the value of our cars to us.
The rates are also much cheaper. This is because even though the value on the car is higher, they know you won't be subjecting it to the same conditions a normal car will be subjected to. From daily driving to icey road conditions and rain. This lowers the risk of damage, along with the extra care we take for our cars.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Grundy here, Had JC Taylor before until they had a rate increase.
Hagerty wanted almost double for the same agreed value that Grundy Quoted me.
$20,000 agreed coverage. No deductible, free glass coverage and Roadside assistance.
Car must be garaged, and you have to have a daily driver for any one that is included on the policy.

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,236

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Hagerty for mine. Costs about $200/yr. They require a different car as a daily driver for work and such. There are no specific restrictions beyond that. You can drive all over the country as long as it's for "pleasure use". There's also a limited roadside service with it that covers some towing, etc. I just got it so I have no real feedback yet. You can't really say how good an insurance company is until you make a claim. Hopefully I'll never need to.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Hagerty told me that I couldn't be with them because I didn't garage mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor