Classic car- special interest insurance anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hi Guys!

I've been thinking/ wondering about putting my Malibu wagon on classic car insurance. It had been my daily driver for quite a few years. Not so for the last 2-3 yrs. I've been driving it alot less and was wondering about getting stated value/ limited use insurance. I've heard that some companies actually allow more than the 2500 miles per year.
I'd like to hear who you use or recommend.

Thanks guys.

Jack

I pay $540 a year. 😀

Is your car fully covered? Fire, theft, etc. That seems like alot of money.
I'm well over 25 yrs old... :lol:

Jack

I pay $47 every 6 months for liability only, and it allows me to drive over 3000 miles a year. I have AAA.

I have full coverage and pay 225 a year and have stated value. I have Hagerty they are the best. Im don't have any driveing lists that I know of but I could be wrong they have never checked and I have been using them for about 5 or 6 years. You also get 10 free miles if you need a tow and they call a flat bed tow truck for you.

You are not allowed to use the car as a daily driver though, and you must have another car with normal insurance before these companies will insure you. In addition, you need to store it in a locked garage every day. I would have it in a heartbeat, though, if I met their requirements. You have to be 5 years without a ticket or accident-no matter who was at fault- to qualify for Hagerty (last time I checked). It is a VERY restrictive process to go through, but for a limited use vehicle, it is definitely worth the savings.

Thanks Guys!

I appreciate your feedback and advice.

Jack

Hagerty never really asked me about anything i had no problem getting coverage i just filled out the form they sent me and sent them some pictures of my car. They reveiwed the info and that was it

Attachments

• IMAG0470.jpg
    IMAG0470.jpg
    672.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMAG0471.jpg
    IMAG0471.jpg
    1,023.2 KB · Views: 97
I'm going thru American Modern insurance for my Cutlass. They're the company that does Geiko's classic/muscle car insurance.

I'm paying $132 a year for a declared coverage amount on the car. I can drive it up to 3000 miles a year, they also had a 6000 mile plan as well. That cost is for me and the wifey on the car.

Same deal, car has to be stored in a locked garage, you also have to have another daily driver. I had to send them pics of the car from every side, pics of the car in the garage, and my first born (just kiddin). I did have to send them proof of insurance for my daily driver as well.

That's full coverage on the car, for the amount I think the car is worth. I bought the car low, insured it high in case anything happens I'll make money.

888-395-1200 is their number I believe. They were really easy to work with. When insuring, my '83 Cutlass classifies as an antique!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor