Classic Tube vs Inline Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Get lines for a V6 regal. Or a carbureted Turbo car. All you will need to make yourself is a pump to carb line if you can't find/use either of yours. I chopped mine in half and put a regulator inline due to me needing a spacer for linkage to clear. Same with an aftermarket intake.

I don't know that anyone makes them for a carb'd V6. The website doesn't specify. I guess I'll have to call and find out.

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Bought my stainless brake lines from Inline, main line front to rear was too long by around 6-8" IIRC, I was installing a manual proportioning valve anyway but still sucked.

Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Joe, I just installed the Classic Tube kit. As said a little tweaking, no rubber axle hose. But a good kit. As tight as the passanger side fits to the frame and front crossmember, I don’t think it should interfere with your fuel pump.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
To be honest If I had to do it again I'd go with cupronickel just cause of the overall cost. But then again I went with AN for the pump to carb cause I got OCD/anal over my bends in the hard line & spent way more than I budgeted for.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
On my car, I already replaced the front brake lines on the chassis. Whatever they were, they fit pretty well. I have put pre-bent stainless lines on Dad's Galaxie and my brother's Camaro. Some tweaking seems to be normal. Something being 6"-8" wrong is unacceptable and unlike my experiences. Stainless lines are very stiff, especially when you get up to the 3/8 fuel supply line. Still, once you're done, they are done for good.

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Aren't GN lines from the tank to engine bay the same as NA v6?

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Ive bought kits from both companies. Had to tweak lines from both. I sent Classic a sample of a bent line that we made for the right front that gave more clearance to the right header and they made two for me for not much $$. I also bought new master to valve line from them. Inline wouldnt sell just one piece of line, only full sets. Inline also sells stuff on ebay under two different company names for a lot less than their website.

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
I've replaced stock gas and brake lines with stainless steel from OPGI for my '87 El Camino. The lines were pre-bent and fit was terrific with little adjustments Shipping required some broad bends and can be expensive. if you are like me...I live in Hawaii.

Reactions: 1 user

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Up to this past June I worked for Classic Tube and while I no longer promote their business....... I can recommend if you call to place your order ask for Tim Slatterly or Cliff Schultz. Tim was a past owner of a beautiful Grand National and is meticulous about his rides. Cliff has a great knowledge of cars and is not afraid to press the engineering department about any questions or concerns that he cannot answer. Both are really great sales people.
Just my $.02

Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Thanks for all of the replies everyone. I replaced my fuel lines when I had the body off several years ago but they were kind of sloppy looking then and looking at them now I want to go back and make them nice and neat. I will probably wind up using AN from the pump to the carb but everything else will be hard line.

I had one previous experience with a pre bent kit that a buddy of mine bought for his Ford truck, and it fit so awful I'm not even convinced it was the right kit. I don't want to go down that road again.

Aren't GN lines from the tank to engine bay the same as NA v6?

I was always under the impression that they terminated in a different location because of the EFI but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe someone here can elaborate. If not I'll just call classic and ask.

Up to this past June I worked for Classic Tube and while I no longer promote their business....... I can recommend if you call to place your order ask for Tim Slatterly or Cliff Schultz. Tim was a past owner of a beautiful Grand National and is meticulous about his rides. Cliff has a great knowledge of cars and is not afraid to press the engineering department about any questions or concerns that he cannot answer. Both are really great sales people.
Just my $.02

I really appreciate the information. Question for you, can they get specs for lines for cars they don't list (i.e. a naturally aspirated 3.8 V6 Regal) in their catalog or website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor