Cleaned - new wheels, carpet, headliner....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yes I have read about the seal just haven't looked. They are available new for about 45 if I looked at the right one.
Is there a way to tell if it had carpet originally? Is it an option? I could look on the build sheet. will it be there?
You could easily find the seal in your local U-Pull or junkyard....a lot cheaper than paying $45.00 new. Another good seal would be the stuff they use in G-body trunks, but not long enough...unless you can buy it in footage.

One way to know if the car had carpet in the rear is if it had snaps in the rear corners. I believe it was an option in wagons...mine never had a factory carpet. I could try taking a picture of the carpet I used to make patterns. I already cut out the carpet for mine, it just needs the edges to be bound...plus there's a plastic strip that also needs to be stitched on.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Kevin,
Did the rear cubby doors latch the same way as the glove box? A friend of mine has one that he wants to give me....only one, though....booo!...no latch either.

It's been awhile since I had my hands on some Jack...but yes if I remember correctly they do latch like the glove box. If I also remember correctly those went to GRIFF442 (Brian) along with a pair of pwr vent windows.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's been awhile since I had my hands on some Jack...but yes if I remember correctly they do latch like the glove box. If I also remember correctly those went to GRIFF442 (Brian) along with a pair of pwr vent windows.
Thanks Kevin,
That was a few years back. I wonder if Brian still has the wagon.
I can't say that I've ever seen the cubbies up close...but I'll take the one from my friend in case an opposite side comes along.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Are these factory? never seen these before but they looks very cool!!
Yes, they are factory, but never seen them up close. They are pretty cool, aren't they?

• Agree

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Yes, they are factory, but never seen them up close. They are pretty cool, aren't they?
Very cool, never in my life have i seen those. Also never seen a rear cargo light either lol But I have rear carpet. Guess mine was a super base model lol.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Last edited:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Very cool, never in my life have i seen those. Also never seen a rear cargo light either lol But I have rear carpet. Guess mine was a super base model lol.
The rear cargo light was not in Malibu wagons. I believe they were standard in Olds, Buick, and Pontiac wagons.

As far as the carpet is concerned, I'm thinking it was optional in our cars.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The rear cargo light was not in Malibu wagons. I believe they were standard in Olds, Buick, and Pontiac wagons.

As far as the carpet is concerned, I'm thinking it was optional in our cars.
My '81 Malibu wagon did have the rear cargo light but no cargo floor carpet.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor