Cleaned - new wheels, carpet, headliner....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
My '81 Malibu wagon did have the rear cargo light but no cargo floor carpet.
Your headliner could have been swapped out from another model wagon. I don't recall ever seeing the cargo light in Malibu wagons. My car had neither rear carpet nor cargo area overhead light.

Reactions: 1 user

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
Well I think mine had carpet originally I have the same screw holes mikester has. I didn't know about the snaps.

I had a long strip of vinyl under the hinge that had be cut off. It appears that it was originally glued down to the floor behind the seat to hide the bare floor. Is this correct?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It had the original headliner in it, nothing was hacked up back there. Was a base V6 car.
That's interesting. I guess you discover something new everyday.
Thanks for sharing that information.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Well I think mine had carpet originally I have the same screw holes mikester has. I didn't know about the snaps.

I had a long strip of vinyl under the hinge that had be cut off. It appears that it was originally glued down to the floor behind the seat to hide the bare floor. Is this correct?
Tom,
According to the piece of carpet that I took out of a Buick Regal wagon, it had the flat snaps in the corners, which I plan to redo once I get my new carpet rebound.
Yes, you are correct...they did have a strip of vinyl (stitched and) glued across the section of floor behind the rear seat. I think I'll also try to duplicate that as well.

Last edited:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
These are cool, did all wagons come with these or were they an option
Do you mean the carpet? If so, not all wagons seem to come with rear carpet.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Sorry I guess I forgot to insert the quote. I was meaning the rear cubby doors or cover s.
Oh, okay. A little miscommunication there. Yes, they must have been an optional accessory.
I've never seen another wagon with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor