crotchss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2010
Kearney, Nebraska
normal_100_0912.jpg
normal_100_0915.jpg
normal_100_0914.jpg

Kinda hard to see mine in my gallery pics, which is the way I like it, but mine are routed below the headers. I used the Taylor Thundervolt 50's 10.4mm diameter wires.

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
BPTTONE420012 said:
its crazy how they did it too... they used an air filter that sits over the distributor and ran the wires up INTO the air cleaner... looks killer... but, thats a whole lot more work than i wish to do to run my wires... the aluminum tubing is a pretty darn cool idea though... i think i might just sleeve my wires with the aluminum tubing, but even that seems like alot of work for a daily driver

Yeah, looks like a modified dual carb air cleaner maybe??? Either way, it looks amazing.
Waaaay too much work for my DD also.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
To me since this engine is and probably will always be strictly just a show piece the impractical plug wire set up would never be used in any kind of real world application.

Attachments

• PE06-408x500.jpg
    PE06-408x500.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2,781

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
For my small blocks and big blocks, and the vortec heads, I run the factory GM plug wire holders, with cut to fit wires.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have always liked the plug wires over the valve covers and since I make my own wire looms I am not limited by what the aftermarket has to offer, I have my looms mounted to the valve covers with rivnuts and polished stainless buttonhead screws to hold the Accel Pro Race 25 wires which are 12.9 mm with the sleeves on them. I also always use universal cut to fit wires regardless of the application.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
i have a set of the cut to fit 8.8mm 300+ ferro race wires made by accel... kinda the reason i started this thread, wanted to see which way i liked best... didnt want to cut them to size, then decide i didnt like how i ran them and then have them be to short to change...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor