clutch adjustment

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I got mine off Fleabay at the time. But I just went to the link page, added it to my cart, and went right up to the payment part. No problem.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
So I tried that and did manage to have the item come up on the page. clicked on add to cart and went to payment, where it all went down the tubes.

Seems they don't ship to Canada, for starters. So I gave them my US shipping address. Pay pal-ed the purchase, Paypal completed the order, and Speed Direct disallowed it because the US shipping address was wrong somehow. And they would not allow me to fix it. So now I don't know if the order is going to get filled or if Paypal will come back to me to advise me that the payment was cancelled or WTF???

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
So, it seems it would be easier to use a hydraulic clutch if I ever want to do this

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Update: I got the billing only it came twice!! Under two different Transaction numbers. so I had to pay a visit to Paypal and file a notice with them that a duplicate payment was made and that it needed to be removed as I only wanted to make the purchase once. Now, I wait to see if Paypal can straighten the matter out...................................

As for plugging in a hydraulic clutch, that was one can of worms that I did not want to open. The mechanical linkage that currently is installed would work fine but I want to fine tune the alignment of the rods and to do that, the spherical rod ends are to way to go. They will also allow me to revisit my fire wall and reduce the size of the opening that I ended up having to create for the stock assembly.

Yeah, the hydraulic is smooth and easy on the foot but finding a location for the reservoir would have been a major PITA and beyond all that I wanted the whole installation to look as stock as possible, jus to drive the purists BugF*** Nuts when they see it.

Just my sense? of humour at work here.

Nick

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
YIKES! I'm glad I went through Fleabay! And it was $99.99 I think.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
And we have a winner, finally. Both Paypal and Speed Direct came back to me sometime last night to correct the problem. Speed D cancelled the second order and Paypal has credited my account to remove the duplicate payment. The kit will still have to get sent to the border for pickup sometime in the indefinite future but that is for then. It won't make this weekend's pickup, assuming that actually will happen, given what we are supposedly supposed to get for weather but the weatherheads have been wrong before and that is why their comments are called forecasts.

That deal on Flea-Bay was a catch. Could have been new stock that hadn't moved so it got down priced and dumped on an auction site. Still works for you so good on ya.

Nick

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I'm glad it worked out. IIRC I think the Fleabay deal was Speed Direct itself selling on that site. Free shipping too. I went with it because every other vendor wanted almost twice the price.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor