WANTED Upper Clutch Push Rod

Trader history (1)

78Regal350

Greasemonkey
Apr 13, 2015
Brookville, IN
I would have sworn that I had every major clutch linkage component for my 4 speed swap, but now that I’m finally starting to put my car back together I can’t find the upper clutch push rod anywhere. This is the piece (p/n- 463507) that connects the clutch pedal to the z bar. If you have one (oem or aftermarket) to sell for a decent price please let me know. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I would have sworn that I had every major clutch linkage component for my 4 speed swap, but now that I’m finally starting to put my car back together I can’t find the upper clutch push rod anywhere. This is the piece (p/n- 463507) that connects the clutch pedal to the z bar. If you have one (oem or aftermarket) to sell for a decent price please let me know. Thanks!
Like anything for '78 up A/G's theyare over priced. But The Parts Place in Illinois has a it for $56 & free ship on Eaby.

78Regal350

Greasemonkey
Apr 13, 2015
Brookville, IN
Like anything for '78 up A/G's theyare over priced. But The Parts Place in Illinois has a it for $56 & free ship on Eaby.
Yup, and OPGI has them (not currently in stock) for like $49. And I fully agree that the new ones are overpriced, which is why I prefer to find a used one instead. haha

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Yup, and OPGI has them (not currently in stock) for like $49. And I fully agree that the new ones are overpriced, which is why I prefer to find a used one instead. haha
I got lucky some years back for an NOS one for way cheaper. Now I should get another one/better one for Jr.'s conversion cause my extra has grooves worn in the stud ends.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
There is a kit with two heim joints that does not wear down or come apart like the stock rod. Bonnewagon had a write-up.

Last edited:

78Regal350

Greasemonkey
Apr 13, 2015
Brookville, IN
There is a kit with two heim joints that does not wear down or come apart like the stock rod. Bonnewagon had a write-up.
Yeah, I’ve seen that too. Definitely a better setup than the factory piece, but I’m trying to make everything as factory-appearing as I can.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010

Attachments

• 20231205_185741.jpg
    20231205_185741.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 34

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
New clutch plates (discs) can be inherently fuzzie" ...in other words for a while you will notice they are dragging when shift comes to shove...thicknesses of flywheels or throw out bearings say little but rarely are the problem. I have noticed clutch plates being sized to the max.. and mentioned elsewhere will not release completely upon disengagement.In times past I've had the pleasure of creeping to a nearby hill abd frying the clutch over a period of say 12 to 15 minets allowing half that time for cooling of the clutch being sized down to fit the space between the flywheel and pressure plate " lol" Said sizing process", intails getting to a hill ( easiest way)or parking brake dragging ?" there by depressing the clutch ( car in gear ) say useing 2nd gear and then giving it gas say 3000 rpm then letting the clutch fry for say 25 or 30 seconds where upon you stop frying and put the trans in neutral (let foot off then)for while say 90 seconds ( cooling ect) then repeat the frying for another 20 second's or so ...you get the idea... .It may take you 10 to 15 minits total ,but you should have a better shifting process"aftewards.This excludes: a no shift scenario'of a mismatched" throw out bearing, or leaky slave clutch' ,ect (in those cases)... I beleave you will resolve this by...the time...you read this...but if not my .02 cents worth

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor