OLDS Hayden HD Fan Clutch? Which one to use?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Piddling around on the webs, I ran across this Hayden fan clutch info sheet about the ubiquitous GM HD fan clutch they sell, p/n 2747. There was a discussion a few months ago about using the 2747 and 2947, and the difference but I'd never seen a comparison side by side pic. The 2747 clutch fits MOST standard rotation, bolt-on GM V8 applications over the years without breaking the bank (it fits some dodge, ford, plymouth and jeeps, too). Check to make sure.

The ONLY difference between them is the shorter shaft on the 2947 allowing you to put a thicker radiator in your car without having to do major surgery. See below. They both use the same HD clutch head.

Either will work if it fits your application, but unless you're putting in a fatter radiator and need the clearance, or plan on doing it in the future, just stick with the 2747 if stock with HD cooling.

1699622541968.png

• Informative
  • Useful
Reactions: 2 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Sounds like a candidate for Product of the Year. I'll have to go looking for the equivalent reverse rotation version...

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor