Clutch Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Sorry it is in a million pieces being rebuilt.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
if possible, i will be running one with my ls swap. not there yet. thats my winter project.

Reactions: 1 users

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
Good morning,

Just curious if any has used clutch type cooling fan set up? If so, what set up did you use and how did it work for you.

Thanks, David
replaced the dual electric with a clutch fan and never looked back. be sure to watch your volt meter when the electric fans start up and run and also when stopped at a street light. when using the electric fans a went to a cs alternator to keep volts up at idle. 8 volts with si alternator and 13 with cs at idle.

Reactions: 1 users

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
Dont most early truck use a fan set up 2000-2006 8ish
I have an 04 Silverado with the 5.3 and it has a fan clutch. My wife's 04 Colorado with the 3.5 had one too. Never had an issue with either. In my Monte Carlo the clutch did lock up ad had to be replaced at one point but the fan was still pulling in air.

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I would only run a clutch fan from a truck. There is a reason GM used them on trucks but cars got electrics. They work, well.
If I were to run an LS that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor