>>>> Coil spring "perch" issues <<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
82' Regal Limited >> Anyone have a link to help me find some Rear/Lower coil spring perches? I didn't find anything at Summit or Jegs. Ordered some from speedway.com. Long story short >> Won't fit. Spring is A comin'. Need help guys. Thanks!

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Are the one's on your rearend missing?

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Check roundy roundy places, Longacre, Lefthander chassis etc etc.

They sell and bolt on versions.

I got catalogs at the shop I could check tomorrow.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Seems like it'd be something pretty simple to just make yourself. Some flat steel and steel tube and weld them together.

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
FE3X CLONE said:
Seems like it'd be something pretty simple to just make yourself. Some flat steel and steel tube and weld them together.
You gotta mig or tig welder I can use? The shops I have called >> Won't "Fab" for me, but if I can get correct perches/seats. They will weld for me to my rear axle. In 22 years of driving I have done all my own work. Too the shop less than 10 times in 22 years! Pretty simple? :wtf: I wouldn't ask if I had the proper tools......

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I had the same issue, and used the Speedway perches.They cost $9.99. They were very easy to weld in but I had to make the ring smaller, as they are for 5" springs and ours are like 3". Your shop may not be up to it. They are more heavy-duty than we need but what the heck.Hard to see in the pic but they have a tab in front and rear for mounting and extra strength. The boxed control arms are Speedway too. You allready know the cup is too big, so I cut it and made it smaller. Maybe a buddy can modify it for you.
PB220042.jpg
91720243_L.jpg

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Bitchin'-Buick said:
FE3X CLONE said:
You gotta mig or tig welder I can use? The shops I have called >> Won't "Fab" for me, but if I can get correct perches/seats. They will weld for me to my rear axle. In 22 years of driving I have done all my own work. Too the shop less than 10 times in 22 years! Pretty simple? :wtf: I wouldn't ask if I had the proper tools......

I have a MIG but I don't loan it out. ;)

Still, seems you could just get everything cut to the dimensions you need then just take it to them and have them tack everything together that way they don't have to spend time fabbing anything.

Since you were talking about welding on perches, I figured you had a welder and were doing this yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor