COMPLETE LS SWAP MPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
An '05 truck should have an electric fan. What fan and is the radiator new or the original one that came with the car with a super long radiator hose?

20Grand

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2018
If it was old oil it would cost you hp and fuel mileage but it would not cause the engine to overheat. I don't understand why anyone would buy a used car decades old and not change all the fluids because you did say....

When you say the engine was overheating what temperature did it get up to?
I have replaced all fluids, except for rear axle oil. I’m getting 20, at 85 mph with steep mountain passes. How much better mpg would do you think I would get if I change the rear gear oil?? Don’t pick at me man. I’m far from a bozo.

Also, I don’t think it would cause it to overheat but I’m wondering since the rear gears are so low, it would be like towing going uphill expecting the rear end cant keep up with the rest of the drivetrain.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
changing the rear end ratio can help, I have 3.08 with a 5 speed stick and I can cruise the city in 1st and 2nd gear
I have replaced all fluids, except for rear axle oil. I’m getting 20, at 85 mph with steep mountain passes. How much better mpg would do you think I would get if I change the rear gear oil?? Don’t pick at me man. I’m far from a bozo.

you stlil havn't answer the basic questions about what temperature your engine got to, the set up as far as radiator and cooling fan etc.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
you stlil havn't answer the basic questions about what temperature your engine got to, the set up as far as radiator and cooling fan etc.
fyi, he started a new thread concerning this issue.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Too many threads just muddy the waters as far as I'm concerned.
20G, I don't know that I would expect much more than you're getting, given the circumstances. If it were a 6.0, it might be slightly different...

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
he is out of town, and working on his car. cut him some slack.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

20Grand

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2018
changing the rear end ratio can help, I have 3.08 with a 5 speed stick and I can cruise the city in 1st and 2nd gear

Sorry, didn’t see those questions. 235
he hasn't answered the basic questions in the other thread, maybe he will in threads number 3, 4 or 5
I feel like you’re telling on me man. Did it piss you off that much that I started a new thread on a new topic so others can see? I’m just trying to have a smoother ride back home. I’m not expecting others on the forum to see what one user and I are talking about that has nothing to do with the topic. If you want to try and pick me apart, you can try, but you’ll lose my friend. If you’re going to be a hole, stay off my thread.

20Grand

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2018
Too many threads just muddy the waters as far as I'm concerned.
20G, I don't know that I would expect much more than you're getting, given the circumstances. If it were a 6.0, it might be slightly different...
Is two, too many?? I have two threads on two different topics. It’s all good man. I’ll figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor