COMPLETE LS SWAP MPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
If the radiator was original from 1978, I wouldn't use it even if currently has no trouble keeping it cool. Factory radiators were not designed to last 15 years, let alone 40.

When it leaks or blows up I'll replace it.

Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
When it leaks or blows up I'll replace it.

But if they are all clogged up and corroded on the inside, you don't know its band until it strands you somewhere, blowing water..

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
But if they are all clogged up and corroded on the inside, you don't know its band until it strands you somewhere, blowing water..

plus a rad that costs a couple of hundred to save an engine that costs thousands more is a good investment

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho

It looks good and flows well. No reason to swap out known good parts for aftermarket parts of questionable origin and quality.

I've seen new radiators, both oem and aftermarket fail.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
plus a rad that costs a couple of hundred to save an engine that costs thousands more is a good investment

A rad that costs a couple hundred to save an engine that cost $231. The thing keeps the engine cool and doesn't leak. It stays until it fails.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
A rad that costs a couple hundred to save an engine that cost $231. The thing keeps the engine cool and doesn't leak. It stays until it fails.

I was talking about a rad that is questionable and has seen their better days...no sense in hoping a rad is not going to cause you to overheat or get stranded someplace. The tow will probably cost more than a rad. If your rad is in great shape and does it's job then no reason to change it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor