Confused on Power steering pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

dft

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 29, 2013
Hey guys hope everyone is doing well during these crazy times. in the meantime I’ve been working on my 5.3 lm7 swap on 79MC, I’ve searched high and low with no luck for my answer.

I’m using stock truck power steering pump but would like to know if any modification has to be done to it in terms of working pressure or can I just hook up to it. The stuff I read and videos just talk about the basic hook up and really not about the pressure.

Would like to hear your guys feed back thanks.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I have always transferred the original pressure valve to the new pump. I got burned several times on my Silverado hydroboost. I think it's a 1" wrench to pop the valve out.

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Hey guys hope everyone is doing well during these crazy times. in the meantime I’ve been working on my 5.3 lm7 swap on 79MC, I’ve searched high and low with no luck for my answer.

I’m using stock truck power steering pump but would like to know if any modification has to be done to it in terms of working pressure or can I just hook up to it. The stuff I read and videos just talk about the basic hook up and really not about the pressure.

You should be fine just swapping it out

Lowe1409

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 4, 2020
Tennessee

I’m running stock 5.3 truck pump with no issues on mine

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
Stock vortec truck pump and stock g body hoses. No issues so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor