GBOTM Congrats AZRegal! - OCTOBER 2018 - NEW BLOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
Thanks everyone. This is my 84 base model Regal I bought 2 years ago after randomly stumbling on it on craigslist. It is an exact copy of the first car I bought myself in high school in 1992. It has sentimental value even though this isn't actually that car. Well worth the $3,700 i paid for it.
This one was sold new in Phoenix and spent it's whole life in the dry desert, never leaving AZ. It has just over 48,000 original miles on it. It is completely rust free and complete. I am the 4th owner. I have the original sales paper work when the guy bought it. The fabric parts of the interior was shot. The plastics however all look new still and not faded or brittle. I redid the seats, headliner, carpet, and upper door panels myself. I am getting ready to strip it down to get it repainted and install my 5.7 LS1 and 4L80e combo. The paint looks good from 10 feet. Up close it is bad. Some previous owner clear coated over the original paint. They did a decent job but it is showing its age.

I have installed some hotchkis drop springs and did the front blazer brake upgrade using the belltech drop spindles. It is currently lowered about 3 inches up front and 2 in the back. I have a 8.5 rearend i am building and all the bigger sway bars and support braces from a 86 442 i parted out. Also installed is a set of the OER 16x8 zero offset GTA wheels. I have ordered the 17x9 GTA from hawks and will be doing my own custom clearancing on the front inner fenders to make room.

Thanks again everyone. I will post some pics when i fire up my pc.

full

full

full

Last edited:
  • Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: 4 users

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
Also wanted to say that there were a lot of really nice cars that pretty much covered the whole Gbody spectrum in this months entry. It's awesome to see these cars being preserved and enjoyed rather than used and abused. These cars are hidden gems. Don't tell anyone so those of us in the know can keep enjoying them at reasonable prices.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Not usually a red fan, but that is a bad *ss car for sure that is only going to be getting better. Can't wait to see the progress

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Congratulations on GBOTM! That is one fine looking Regal.. :friday:

• Agree

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I'm not a big fan of the Regal but this one I actually like. You've done a nice with the wheels and stance and I think that this is the right color paint for that body. Nice job!

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor