console withOUT a floor shifter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Hey man believe it or not il upload a pic of what i have in my malibu when i put in buckets.
I dont have a pic with of mine in the car but il upload what i used
This is 25 bucks at walmart. I pulled the back cupholder off of mine and then i painted the whole thing solid black insted of black and gray 2 tone but here it is

Attachments

• 0073921454205_500X500.jpg
    0073921454205_500X500.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 871

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
I found an old pic. This is before i painted the console and before i got my new seat covers but youl see it works really well.

Attachments

• malibucenterconsole.jpg
    malibucenterconsole.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,078

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
Heck if your not worried about keeping it 100% stock,you could just get any g body or other console that has floor shift an make a cover plate to cover were the shifter would be,then you could use your creatively to mod something in that spot like gauges,speakers,cup holders,switches,gps, tv monitor,etc ,just some things i thought right off hand

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa

rwd_pete

Greasemonkey
Oct 3, 2006
Niagara Falls
Years ago I remember seeing a Regal Limited with a T bar roof. The Limited's had a 60/40 pillow cushion split bench usually. This one had two 40's and a console like that in the middle with a column shifter.

diablosnookems

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 7, 2014
You could also look at the Citation/FWD Omega/etc. I have seen them in the junkyard with buckets/column shift and a console that would look quite good in a G-Body.

buickestate

Greasemonkey
Nov 21, 2006
London Ontario
ssn696 said:
Actually, I have one. I pulled a console from an El Camino and the plastic insert where the floor shifter would go had a flocking-lined rectangular tray in its place. I'd have to do some serious digging in boxes to see if I could come up with the insert. What info are you looking for...measurements?

What you are describing sounds like the console insert for the manual transmissioned malibu/elcamino/monte carlo

yvansbu2.jpg

here is my buddy's 80 malibu, he fabricated a piece of MDF to fit the opening to make himself cup holders

I remember the days when your cup holder sat quietly next to you in a poodle skirt......

spudd

Apprentice
Sep 10, 2012
buickestate said:
ssn696 said:
Actually, I have one. I pulled a console from an El Camino and the plastic insert where the floor shifter would go had a flocking-lined rectangular tray in its place. I'd have to do some serious digging in boxes to see if I could come up with the insert. What info are you looking for...measurements?

What you are describing sounds like the console insert for the manual transmissioned malibu/elcamino/monte carlo

yvansbu2.jpg

here is my buddy's 80 malibu, he fabricated a piece of MDF to fit the opening to make himself cup holders

I remember the days when your cup holder sat quietly next to you in a poodle skirt......

Dang!!!!!!!!!!! that just made you sound real old ......LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor