Converting from bench to bucket/Hurst Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Whom out there would do this to their car if parts were readily available for an honest price?

I am talking everything from brackets, to shifters, to consoles, top plates, instruction manualls etc.

Attachments

• IMAG1024.jpg
    IMAG1024.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 612
  • IMAG0970.jpg
    IMAG0970.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 636
  • IMAG0890.jpg
    IMAG0890.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 622
  • IMAG0971.jpg
    IMAG0971.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 629
  • IMAG0944.jpg
    IMAG0944.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 597

Blake B

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2011
KS
bench to bucket- in kit form, sign me up

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
chstonebraker said:
heck ya me to. but i cant afford 300+ just for the shifter. those shifters sell for rediculas money.
Dude $300 for Lightning Rods is a steal if there in good shape.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
82gbody said:
I would its the sourcing of parts that a problem.

If there was a kit available that would allow one to go Lightning rod, or traditional floor shift do you feel that would appeal to someone?

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I know that if there was an everything included kit to convert a standard floor shift to OEM style lightning rods for a realistic price, I would buy it.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
DoubleV said:
I know that if there was an everything included kit to convert a standard floor shift to OEM style lightning rods for a realistic price, I would buy it.

Is the look in my pictures close enough?

Granted the only thing I am missing is the dust plate and wiskers for the top plate. And, we can change the look on the top plates to burlwood, alum...(pictured) and other types.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Anubis said:
I like the brushed aluminum look. Did you buy the top plate from Angelo? Here's a pic for reference. I bought a wrecked Hurst Olds about 20 years ago and put the LR set up in my 442. All the bezels are NOS and I switched the dash and door bezels to match.

Lrod.jpg

No actually the brushed alum look is a product that Gbodyparts is selling. I did a slight modification to the overlay and made the overlay match exactly over an oem plate. If I were a betting man Brian has all this stuff in the works!!! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor