Coolant temperature gauge does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank_C

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2020
Kind of sounds like that wire is loose/exposed tucked away somewhere, shorting against a ground causing the light to flicker on and off. Mine is a green or green/white wire going to that sensor.
Can you share a photo?

Frank_C

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2020
That was my post (Temp Light on Dash), where I show pictures of the temp switch for the ECM and connector. My ECM is located over on the passenger front fender well. Good luck. I have a different issue, where I see the single blade temp sensor coming out of the front passenger side of the engine, but can't seem to find the wire to connect it to. My temp dummy gage light inside the care pulses, never off or never fully displayed.
To close out my thread, it turned out the two wires were touching inside and shorting out on the temperature sensor. Spliced a new connector and connected it to a new sensor, everything works and lights are off. No codes are displayed!! Yessss!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor