MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
forums pants GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Are those the long term wheel choice?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Are those the long term wheel choice?

Only until Natasha needs them back or I widen the 17" GTAs and get the 30" tall drag radials. Basically these don't leak air like the mock up wheels and are wider than the tires I had on there earlier.

How's that for a non-answer?

Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Looks soooo much better than I thought it would. That is really nice. I ask one favor though, never, and I mean NEVER show this to my son otherwise we’ll be doing the same. lol

p.s. I’m petitioning GP403 to add a reaction of either wtf or smh because of your memes. Where do you find this ridiculousness???? SMH & WTF

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Looks soooo much better than I thought it would. That is really nice. I ask one favor though, never, and I mean NEVER show this to my son otherwise we’ll be doing the same. lol

p.s. I’m petitioning GP403 to add a reaction of either wtf or smh because of your memes. Where do you find this ridiculousness???? SMH & WTF
Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

Fine, we will get our memes/gifs off your lawn.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Just catching up on all this goodness. And laughing my a$$ off as well. Great job 👏

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
When to bed at 2300hrs, woke up at 0300hrs, had a piss and rolled around for an hour vainly trying to go back to sleep. My brain wasn't having it. Fired some coffee down range by 0415hrs and sat down to do my homework. By 0800hrs I was in the garage.

Just more farting around trying to sort out the little things to make it fit and function better. I moved the rearend over to the DS a bit (lengthened the PS upper control arm) because it wasn't quite centred. The unfortunate thing is the factory build tolerances and my crapsmanship have everything a little cattiwhompus left to right (body, frame, suspension bits, etc).

Crazy Eyes Meme GIF by MOODMAN

It is going to need a proper alignment at some point.

After I got that squared away I took to solving the sway bar mounting problem and built some 7/8" thick stand-offs to sandwich in between the mount and the bushing. Open concept because lightness (and sh*t I had on hand - goddamn COVID).

PXL_20210403_163132112.jpg

The endlinks are pretty much vertical now and the sway bar is close to level. I am still of the belief that this is not the right drag bar kit for this car. Or it was meant for a 9" with big @ss axle tubes, not an 8.5". Being stupid low doesn't help either.

Then we started doing the Winter to Spring rotation of crap to and from the shed, changed the Mrs. wheels, and got to show my youngest the uggadugga gun again. Want kids who don't spook easy? Give them access to pneumatic tools at a young age.

Tomorrow I am probably going to shorten the front bump stops to cut down on the weight jacking effect it is having.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
How about a five finger discount for a "friend"? ;)
it's out of my left pocket and I guess out of my right pocket too when I co-own the company :)
PM me with the gun you pick up as there are 3 different tips. We only use the one type now but have some leftovers from other stuff we used over the years

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor