MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
it's out of my left pocket and I guess out of my right pocket too when I co-own the company :)
PM me with the gun you pick up as there are 3 different tips. We only use the one type now but have some leftovers from other stuff we used over the years

I appreciate it, but I was really just kidding about the freebee.

Air Quotes GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

• Indifferent
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
LOL nbd big fella..... its just collecting dust in the cabinet anyways.... wink wink

• Wow
  • Clever
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Chopped the tops of the bump stops off. That helped a lot. There is 1" rake front to back now... even some suspension travel. The DS is 1/2" higher front and rear, and levels out nicely once I sit down in the car... sweet.

PXL_20210404_152012645.jpg

This thing just looks so menacing from behind.

PXL_20210404_152201563.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 10 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I figured the first time I seen it that it was based on the concept of 3 dimensions that we can visually see like a length x width x height box you can fit anything like you car or any other physical object in in. The fourth dimension however includes Time ( being past present and future )

So to me 4d smasher clearly means he is thinking outside the box and into the 4th dimension and smashing it to his will ? To include elements of the past ( his old car ) the present ( new tech ) and the future ( handing it down to either one of his daughters that he is pushing to help him build it )

I may be wayyy off but that was what immediately came to my mind when I seen the plate and thought it was quite clever.

Mike may come back and say it's because he likes smashing 4 cyl diesel engines LOL but that remains to be seen

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
And ya gotta explain your plate?
4D "smasher" ???

Sure can. Story to follow below.

I figured the first time I seen it that it was based on the concept of 3 dimensions that we can visually see like a length x width x height box you can fit anything like you car or any other physical object in in. The fourth dimension however includes Time ( being past present and future )

So to me 4d smasher clearly means he is thinking outside the box and into the 4th dimension and smashing it to his will ? To include elements of the past ( his old car ) the present ( new tech ) and the future ( handing it down to either one of his daughters that he is pushing to help him build it )

I may be wayyy off but that was what immediately came to my mind when I seen the plate and thought it was quite clever.

Mike may come back and say it's because he likes smashing 4 cyl diesel engines LOL but that remains to be seen

Unfortunately it is nothing that complex or deep. Also, what have you been smoking? And can I have some?

-------

Short story long. Put on your helmets, boys.

I was 16 years old and pushing a broom at my Dad's shop. It was near the end of the work day and I got the go ahead to bring my 1975 Camaro LT into a bay to look at it. The car was my Uncle's (he bought it new) and gifted it to me - it was in a pretty sad state. But, it was my first car and I was excited.

Anyway, a customer came in, the bay was required, and my Dad gave me the unceremonious heave ho. So I put my puny and unnaturally short (I got better), unlicensed and inexperienced butt behind the wheel and pulled the car around behind the shop. Nervous as all heck, armed with only a basic understanding of driving from go karting, I vainly attempted to park the car in its spot next to my Dad's '56 Ford pickup.

The sense of impending doom right before I put the PS fender of the Camaro into the DS door of the Ford is something I will never forget. It was one of those ultra slow motion moments.

SMASH!

Dread set in pretty quickly after I turned the car off and assessed the damage. The fender of the Camaro was pushed in pretty good and the Ford, which I was really worried about, had a nice streak of reddish-pink paint up it's white door. Otherwise no issues.

After contemplating running 10 miles home. I changed my mind when remembered I hated running, and that I preferred getting a ride. So, I slinked back into the shop and told my Dad what happened. I cannot remember if he laughed or not but I don't recall him making a big deal out of it.

My Dad's apprentices (recent grads from my highschool, and my soon to be hot rodding buddies) on the other hand did not waste a chance not bust the boss' son's balls. They laid into me HARD. My buddy Martin, inbetween fits of laughter, cries out: FORD SMASHER!

And with that I got the nickname: Ford Smasher. Rather than let it get to me, I owned it, and when the Monte got on the road one of the first mods was the personalized plates: 4D SMSHR.

If you sound out 4 and D phonetically you get Four-D. It has been misinterpreted as four door smasher and a few other things over the years. I guess people getting it wrong allows me another opportunity to tell the story.

It was ironic that my Monte schooled most every 5.0 Mustang I raced at Cayuga, and people took the plates as a slight. But, it was only ever meant to be a jab at it myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor