MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I think red is sexy...

d2cbae486367a7f94c20d5b7a2b68b5a-1024x683.jpg

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Taking advantage of this newly acquired elevation I added a couple of axle straps to keep the driveshaft off the exhaust and the springs from falling out. I think you can see were I was going with all of these extra bars.

View attachment 173271

(Man, I really, really, really hate that red sway bar...)

I also fixed a couple of hot side v-band clamps that weren't "right". It was incredibly weird doing this work standing up.

That swaybar is pure beef. How big is the front?

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
In that context, I suppose I can make an exception. Doesn't hurt that my wife shares certain attributes with Jungle Pam.

Yes, yes she does. And that is where the similarities end.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN
College Accuse GIF

And I am not a fan of red unless it is part of that context, so pull it and powder it whatever color you want

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
College Accuse GIF

And I am not a fan of red unless it is part of that context, so pull it and powder it whatever color you want

Why do I feel like I am being goaded into providing evidence of my claims?

Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

As for the swaybar... I am just going to scuff it up and throw whatever paint I have on it.

Japan Idk GIF by WTA

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Why do I feel like I am being goaded into providing evidence of my claims?

Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

As for the swaybar... I am just going to scuff it up and throw whatever paint I have on it.

Japan Idk GIF by WTA
I have no idea what you are talking about.........
orange peel point GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I had a hard reality check when I last moved this car around on 275s and no power steering... even worse when using a power steering box than a manual box. Skinny over-inflated tires are sort of workable at low speeds. My brother has a manual box I could have used - but, well pandemic reasons ruined that.

So what to do?

Electric Hydraulic Power Steering (EHPS)!

I now have a Volvo remote mount-style EHPS pump on the way from Florida (4N513K514DJ) which should come complete with all the bits and pieces needed less the adapter for a 14mm to -6 AN (AT991954ERL or similar) from the pump and a whatever size I need to go from the steering box pressure side to -6AN. The advantage of this pump is that it doesn't require a controller like other options. It is just power and ground. They are very common in Europe, and very cheap. I couldn't get one in my region of the world - and had to bring it in from the States for that reason. I'll have to decide if want to install a PS cooler on the return side. Because who knows? I might try autocrossing this thing.

There is a non-remote mount pump version - this just gives me more flexibility on where I choose to install it... since some donkey cluttered the engine bay with a turbo and the like. Evidently you can mount these in the trunk.

1618930266771.png

1618930315655.png

1618930356717.png

Uh oh... it is made by Ford. There goes any reliability I once had...

1618930416402.png

There are a couple of very good write-ups here:

I just keep making problems for myself... daily.

Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor