MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Not a lot of lope on the 2 step there Mike.

🤣

Sounds good!

Thanks! I think I am putting this b*tch back on the ground tomorrow and seeing if it moves.

Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
In this installation of "How I Spent my Friday Night" we find our hero struggling to make three confusers communicate.

IMG_20200605_221729_01.jpg

After much frustration while hotspotting off my phone I managed to get my old XP unit updated and talking to the Innovate SCG-1 with my old USB to Serial adapter, setting the gauge to read in Lambda (whoo hoo!).

IMG_20200605_221056.jpg

My Win 10 unit, after many attempts over many hours to get the drivers working (install *.exe was stored on the XP), needs a whole new cable - Amazon will be delivering that tomorrow. Innovate needs a black eye for still running a serial port connection in 2020.

I am now able to run the car and log the WBO2 in Lambda which makes tuning much easier.

I also put the heavy spring in the BOV to see if that keeps it settled/shut at idle. It is a BOV, not a bypass valve.

Time to fix that fast idle and make this thing move.

Reactions: 7 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Got a few things accomplished today. Made a couple of brackets to keep the fuel lines and plug wires away from problem areas. Then I had to address the weeping coolant pipe which required me rigging up a means of pressurizing the pipe without a stopper or a feed. So I made this contraption:

IMG_20200606_124423.jpg

Squeeze the hose, find the leak. The yellow dot was the trouble maker - I proceeded to weld it up shirtless in shorts using flux core.

After that I slotted the TPS and got the idle back down to a normal level.

Once that was done it was pretty much put it on the ground, fire it up, and see if it drives.

It does.

Last edited:
  • Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Love the sound from the engine bay.... Like a jet taxiing on a runway!!!

Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I gotta say, that pipe is sloppy....but I LIKE IT!!

I noticed your electrical shutoff through the spare tire/trunk. Could you post a pic or two of that from inside the trunk? Monte Alban still needs a shutoff and I'm trying to not buy the $150 unit, and I don't want a hole in the body.

It looks clever :p

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I gotta say, that pipe is sloppy....but I LIKE IT!!

I noticed your electrical shutoff through the spare tire/trunk. Could you post a pic or two of that from inside the trunk? Monte Alban still needs a shutoff and I'm trying to not buy the $150 unit, and I don't want a hole in the body.

It looks clever :p

That pipe was so thin it was a PITA to weld cleanly. It'll get covered in insulation soon enough.

The cutoff is equally sloppy - I really forced the issue when I put it together. I used a hammer when other tools would have been more appropriate. Some of it is in this thread, but I'll grab you some pictures.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
That pipe was so thin it was a PITA to weld cleanly. It'll get covered in insulation soon enough.

The cutoff is equally sloppy - I really forced the issue when I put it together. I used a hammer when other tools would have been more appropriate. Some of it is in this thread, but I'll grab you some pictures.
Ah to be a fly on the wall of your garage whilst such shenanigans occur...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor