MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
She wants the sauce...

View attachment 148492

I played with my efilive to find out some stock timing numbers, after using the holley software I dont understand the OEM stuff. So much more complicated.

It's overly complicated, and it under performs by contemporary standards. But, it works.

Depending how things go I may transition to a Terminator X one day; especially if I make this car properly fast.

Reactions: 5 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Natasha nails the pin up look! ;)
How do I miss these things? I really need to get it together, first I miss the man nips now this. No wonder I am single

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Ok what is the situation here?

First I started by snorting a good amount of brake cleaner, and then I started digging through my stash of parts that could be used for alcohol injection.

I also got to clean a trap my wife set to keep this bugger out of her gardens.

IMG_20200608_164719.jpg

When my oldest put on the Chipmunks sound track I peed a little.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Had a stinking suspicion you were adding meth..... ya addict. lol
I used a devil's own setup on Cummins turbo diesel at 60+ lbs of boost with a larger than stock turbo. Kept temps at 1400 and over 1200 lb/ft of torque
Rock on

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Yup, alcohol.

Yeah, hmmmm. Lots of things going on there. What sender/pump units are they? Doesn't matter. Biggest fittings, first!

The pump is a generic GM FlexFuel pump from a van of some sort. I figure I might try this one of two ways: higher pressure pump feeding a fuel injector(s) (of which I have a big selection) feeding the engine post turbo. Or use a couple of washer pumps and spray pre-turbo. Or both.

I still need to get some ethanol in the tank; the injectors have space for it as indicated here:

1591667434567.png

I took the car out again for a couple laps of the 'hood to dial it in a bit more - precarious given that SD requires a lot of gear and load to get right. It still has a bit of a tip in stumble - the IAC goes dead flat/closed at idle which is likely contributing to this, and I need to move the IAT sensor and filter out of the engine bay its getting a lot of heat. Otherwise I got the car transitioning into "boost" (aka power enrichment) well now and the tune is surprisingly on point (guess I don't suck that bad). I am still fiddling with the boost controller to see if I can sneak up on more oomph (the system will max out at ~14psi). The car feels very weird topping out 5psi and still reving out, when there is still so much more headroom for power and the rate of acceleration to match. The airflow is rising neatly. Too bad I am too much of a wussy to take it much higher - I really want to see/hear this thing sing the song of my people.

Pretty zippy for a bunch of junk.

Reactions: 6 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
First I started by snorting a good amount of brake cleaner, and then I started digging through my stash of parts that could be used for alcohol injection.

I also got to clean a trap my wife set to keep this bugger out of her gardens.

View attachment 148562

When my oldest put on the Chipmunks sound track I peed a little.
AL-VIIINNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

*no response*

I guess he's not a "Superchip". A "tune" won't help him now, even if it is his own soundtrack. :) WOMP, WOMP!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor