Core support bushings

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchdog

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Upstate NY
Hello all....Im in the middle of complete resto on my 84 SS Monte. I basically gutted everything...removed the front end, gutted the interior, stripped the car down to the bare metal....Basically did everything short of a frame off.

Anyways, I bought core support bushings about 2 years ago, and just last night installed them and snugged down the core support. But I cant for the life of me remember how they were installed, and if I have them the right way. Heres a couple pics. Also, what would you use for shims? I dont remember any shims on mine, but I sat the fender on the car and the core support does need to come up. Thanks for all the help.

coreSupp2.jpg

coreSupp1.jpg

watchdog

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Upstate NY
I haven't seen them either except my old ones were exactly the same. I still have them on my bench. Im almost positive (of course Im drawing a blank) that theres a rubber bushing around the bolt shaft thats part of the cup that comes up thru the support. I did use fender washers to mock it up and raise the CS some, and it seemed to work fine. Im just trying to make sure theyre in the right way. I cant see how they could go any other way. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor