Covid 19 flare up then subsides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis

From what ive read n95s are the only masks that provide protection against most things. Surgicals are good at keeping bacterial infection down. And homemade masks are all but worthless.
Now ill start by saying I wear a mask anytime the business asks me to. I send my son to school everyday in a mask. My only questions regarding mask use are... What are the affects of wearing a mask 8 hrs a day for kids? They got little undeveloped lungs and the mask blocks your airway. Also if asymptomatic spread is rare why do healthy people need to wear masks? If people are so scared why do they go out to eat? Or walmart? Or anywhere since you can order anything online and pick it up without contact? Im just glad we reopened schools and sports here at this point so my son isn't stuck at home alone(no kids)

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
If you "know" you don't have it... How the hell can you "know" for certain you don't have something that can infect you and yet show no symptoms?

What "political weapon"? Over 180,000 people in the US alone have died from it due to bad faith arguments and bad "science". The only politicizing I've seen of it has been from the president and his corrupt *ss cronies that have withheld funding and supplies from states and cities run by democrats, and those who seem to think unemployment numbers are more important than human life.

Over 1/2 of the 180,000 deaths in the US were people that contracted the virus in long term care facilities, nursing homes or Hospitals. They didn't get the virus and go to these places, they got the Virus IN these places. To avoid POTENTIAL Hospital overcrowding, Governors were sending infected people TO nursing homes and Long Term care facilities. This is Criminal, no matter what political party was doing it, but politics prevents anyone from talking about this disaster.

Employment isn't more important than human life... until society breaks down from the lack of employment. Even taking all of comorbidities into account, the average age of Death from Covid in the US is still 78 years old. The average age of death during the 1918 Flu pandemic was around 18. The Locking Down of healthy people in 2020 will be looked back on by future generations as one of the dumbest things we could have done in response to CCV.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Our youngest is being prescreened for testing (minor symptoms - fever, cough, congested) and will probably end up with a swab up the nose later today.

If we don't do this she'll automatically be home for two weeks. If negative, it is just a cold and until the symptoms subside.

Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Our youngest is being prescreened for testing (minor symptoms - fever, cough, congested) and will probably end up with a swab up the nose later today.

If we don't do this she'll automatically be home for two weeks. If negative, it is just a cold and until the symptoms subside.

Your kid is going to absolutely LOVE the swab.

If we show symptoms, we have to get 2 tests separated by 48 hours to go back to work, even if he first is Negative.

People with Flu like symptoms should stay home, anyway, so the 48 hours makes sense for any respiratory disease.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
The n95's protect the wearer, not everyone else. It's like an air filter, it stops dirt from going in the engine. The problem is if you try to wear an n95 in a hospital as a patient, you aren't allowed. My wife's coworker was told he had to change his n95 to something else. An n95 has an exhale flap and anything you breath out just dumps to atmosphere.

If everyone had an n95 we would be fine but that's not possible. All other type of masks are just trying to trap the big chunks out of the air if you cough, sneeze, or talk moistly (hehe, moist).

The best analogy I have seen relates wearable masks to splatter screens. It reduces the big spit chunks from going into suspension in the air or on surfaces. Beyond that if you cough, you still have a unit of air leaving your lungs at a flow rate which greatly exceeds anything that something the size of your face can flow so the small vapor suspended virus particles are still going out.

All the experiments that show beneficial results from mask wearing I have seen are (in my view, but I havn't gone searching thoroughly lately for new stuff) run by people who don't understand the concept of a control volume. They have people sneeze at plates held in front of them at varying distances with or without something infront of them and say hey, when you wear a mask it stops the particles from going straight out. I totally agree, but there is still a volume of air going out between your face and the mask that is going into the air. Does the mask divert that flow in a disk shape around your face instead of just a cone from your mouth? Nobody seems to test that.

I sat in a conference call for work where some professors at the university were trying to determine how to hold in person labs. They were discussing putting those clear plastic barriers up in between students. The main airflow research guy said they are pretty much worthless and it's like putting up a barrier in a restaurant where on one side they have a smoking section and the other side it's non smoking. The smoke smell still drifted to the non smoking section. Basically when you go to a grocery store and they have those barriers up, they are worthless. I guess if you had someone sneeze at you without a mask they might do something, but if you have a mask mandate, it's pointless.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Our numbers have stayed low but the Hutterite Colonies are a hot spot. Our local colony has it and I was just there with fuel. You guys dropping the ball horribly allowed us to not spread it so fast. Still Canada will be facing a 1+ Trillion debt thanks to Spendy Trudeau and this virus. Your Muppet of a leader, no comment.

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you "know" you don't have it... How the hell can you "know" for certain you don't have something that can infect you and yet show no symptoms?

What "political weapon"? Over 180,000 people in the US alone have died from it due to bad faith arguments and bad "science". The only politicizing I've seen of it has been from the president and his corrupt *ss cronies that have withheld funding and supplies from states and cities run by democrats, and those who seem to think unemployment numbers are more important than human life.

please don't make this political or our leader will shut it down. It isn't one side or the other who are using this to their benefit and if you listen to the media you are being feed an agenda, not news

Reactions: 1 user

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
please don't make this political or our leader will shut it down. It isn't one side or the other who are using this to their benefit and if you listen to the media you are being feed an agenda, not news

Well I don't even see how it's political but it's been made political.

And for the record I don't have cable so I don't watch any of those 24 hour all about the ratings cable "news" outlets, which I don't necessarily believe are propaganda, but they certainly are not true "news" so much as opinion and speculation meant to keep people tuned in.

I think of all of them like a problem child... They just want attention, even if it's negative attention.

I stick to straight journalism, not opinion. Which is hard to get these days. All the news networks should be held to a much higher standard of what they're allowed to claim is "news". Go back to the like Walter Cronkite type of TV news.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor