creating a lock out switch for trans??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlownSmoke

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2009
I recently did a motor swap and removed the computer from the vehicle. My next step till completion is to create a lock out for my trans, yeah i know i can buy a kit but at the moment money is low and prices are high so i need to make do for now. one of my buddies said i can hard wire the original wires to a switch and create my own so :cry: my question is How to make my own lock out switch for my th350 trans??

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
do you mean a neutral safety switch?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
If your talking about a nuetral safety switch, you should be able to just hook up the rod linkage under the car that runs from the steering colum to the transmission. Or have you pulled that all out?

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
joeairforce said:
pontiacgp said:
sounds to me like he could only be talking about the lock up converter.....

no lock-up converter on a th350..........

not true there are some thm350C running around that is a thm350 with lockup convertor

BlownSmoke

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2009
Haha, man-o-man! Now i dont know what i need. Im told one thing so i look it up just to be thrown a few more!!! :blam:
I was told since i no longer have a computer running my car i would need a lock out kit for my torque converter... You know the switch that disengages it at higher speeds??? Well i was told i needed that and that i can rig it with the wires already there to a switch... As far as the safety switch, i have no clue what that is for. I have a floor shifter not a column shifter if that helps with that? :puke: and like before :blam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor