CruizinKev´s 1979 Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
Are you keeping the windshield and rear window or getting new ones? might be difficult for you to get em but with a build of this magnitude maybe worth it. I found some solid rust forming underneath all the sealant when i took mine out, especially on the rear. Seats look good!

CruizinKev

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2007
OVERSEAS/GERMANY
practice makes it perfect. I finally made some nice double flares on the cunifer brake lines :)

IMAG0358.jpg

I just ordered one 285-30-20 falken FK-453 tire for test fitting my rear 20x10 rims. can't wait to receive the rims :)

CruizinKev

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2007
OVERSEAS/GERMANY
205/70-14 vs. 285/30-20

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0374.jpg

IMAG0376.jpg

IMAG0377.jpg

IMAG0379.jpg

IMAG0387.jpg

fender lips needs to be rolled and need to widen the inner wheeltubs. maybe will cut stock out and get universal fenderwells from summit like this?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G7908/

what do you think about that kit from summit?

anyways - I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! ;)

dquicks78mc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 1, 2012
in order to put those 20x10 on wont you have to notch frame too i got 18x8 boss wheels just like the ones you showed in first pics and they clear frame by only 3/4 to 1 inch with out sticking out of fender just food for thought but i like where this is going great job

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
CruizinKev said:
yeah it'll take some more work to make it fit. will see soon how much work it'll be...
Lol, i can respect someone who jumps in with both feet! this project is certainly all out, glad i don't have to compete with you for baddest monte on the continent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor