custom gauge set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
let me see your gauges lol i know people be making some great custom gauges let me see them need some ideas :mrgreen: show me the process if you have pics to

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
My custom gauge setup
dashgauges.jpg

I removed the section of the dash that extends toward the driver and we made this plate to bolt up to the original mounting holes. I think in the future I will be swapping the entire dash out for a Cutlass dash :idea: and also an aftermarket, smooth steering column (nothing but a turn signal lever)

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
ok ok , i will post pics of mine....lol....so far so good...everything seems to work other than my fuel gauge...i think i need to find a new ground to ground it on....but here they are ( Pro Comp AutoMeter gauges) ( Speed, Tach, Fuel, Oil, Temp, Volts)..

hope this helps

71e95787.jpg

f809fb1b.jpg

fd44b8d5.jpg

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
here is mine. no need for speedo... Tach is in the center vent. shift lift is behind the vent on the left

IMG00045-20110430-1710.jpg

wanna see the process... just like everyone elses. Cardboard and a pen

IMG00086-20110306-2214-1.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
ok ok , i will post pics of mine....lol....so far so good...everything seems to work other than my fuel gauge...i think i need to find a new ground to ground it on....but here they are ( Pro Comp AutoMeter gauges) ( Speed, Tach, Fuel, Oil, Temp, Volts)..

hope this helps

71e95787.jpg

f809fb1b.jpg

fd44b8d5.jpg

what do you have to do to set up those gauges just withc out the speedo cable and sensors??? :?:

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Good Question?...mine have the speed cable and sensor....I would think you would have to go electrial/ not mechanical like mine...

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Good Question?...mine have the speed cable and sensor....I would think you would have to go electrial/ not mechanical like mine...

electrical huh :| yikes are they easy to install and yours are mechanical????

im thinking of doing the spedo rpm gas and temp gauges.
i would have to set up new temp sensor, what about the fuel and how do i set up the rpm one?? :?:

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
100_0006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor