custom gauge set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
MadMax1235 said:
Here is mine, havent thought of where the tach is going yet. Trying to keep a very stock look...but i just love the clock so much!!!

my original idea was to make the clock the tach. use the clock face and stuff. it would look sick but it would never tell you the time.

79T-top

Apprentice
Oct 5, 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota
crucial118 said:
Here's mine.

What did you use for the blinkers? I used my stock blinkers with the green overlay then just drilled holes in the plastic I used to mount the aftermarket gauges. It looks fine, but I've been wanting a cleaner look.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Corey said:
crucial118 said:
Here's mine.

What did you use for the blinkers? I used my stock blinkers with the green overlay then just drilled holes in the plastic I used to mount the aftermarket gauges. It looks fine, but I've been wanting a cleaner look.

go to radio shack. youll find so many options. I was like a kid in a electrical store

its where i got mine

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
NICE! those are electrical right? no speed cable?

My bad...took a nap :D . Yup all electrical. I still need to get a pic of the a-pillar pods too.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Corey said:
Ditto on Radio Shack. They have lots of options, just make sure they are 12v. They even have leds.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
87chevyboy said:
bro thats cherry how much did those run you :?:
The gauges ran about $500 give or take. Took about a year, buying 1 at a time, to get all of them(good thing GlowShift has free shipping). The speedo sending unit was about $50. The lamps for the blinkers and high beam ran about $5 or so. I had some 16g sheet metal from an earlier project. Paint, wire, and connectors ran about $10-15. But I did buy an "idiot light" gauge set from another cutlass for $25(to use to house the gauges and sheetmetal...didn't want to destroy my rally pack).

Took a minute, but they look good. I was scared cause everyone said you can only put 3 3/4" gauges without cutting, but those are close to 4".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor