custom gauge set up

Status
Not open for further replies.
78MC-BBC said:
100_0006.jpg

:mrgreen: im liking this how hard was it to set up??

• Useful
Reactions: SupremeSpeed
uneek1976 said:
Great pics I'm going to change mine on my regal as well. Are you guys using a 5" or 3 3/8" speedo and tach?

running 3 3/8 gauges and loving them.....and i think on ebay they are selling shadow box clusters, but for a good chunk of change!!!

Better to just make yours....and you learn as u go... :mrgreen:

87chevyboy said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Good Question?...mine have the speed cable and sensor....I would think you would have to go electrial/ not mechanical like mine...

electrical huh :| yikes are they easy to install and yours are mechanical????

im thinking of doing the spedo rpm gas and temp gauges.
i would have to set up new temp sensor, what about the fuel and how do i set up the rpm one?? :?:

Temp sensor is easy to do...just find a spot on your intake and go from there.... but the fuel just runs from the sending unit/ground it/and find power source to your ignition box..

Tach: run line from distributor to tach, ground, and power all the same....real easy to do...i actually looked on youtube and helped out alot...

+1 ive seen the set ups on ebay.

I was going to go with speedo and tach in the cluster but I like a stock looking interior. which is why I got the 4 gauges resessed back like they would with the stock ones.

I dont want anything seen unless your pop your head in.

I do like BBC-MCs set up.

Here's mine.

Attachments

• CUTTY GAUGES3.jpg
    CUTTY GAUGES3.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 1,344
87chevyboy said:
78MC-BBC said:

:mrgreen: im liking this how hard was it to set up??

actually it was pretty easy, the speedo,tach, fuel gauges in the original location are mounted to a piece of aluminum that i had cut out and then epoxied to the face of the instrument cluster, the 3 gauges in the a-pillar are a replacement a-pillar i had gotten from lotec for around $40 and the 2 gauges on the side of the cluster are in a $9 bracket i got off summit racing, the bracket is glued onto the dash gauge housing with the high strength double sided tape i bought from radio shack. In all i think i have around $60 to put in all of the gauges into the dashboard with no cutting or original parts

Here is mine, havent thought of where the tach is going yet. Trying to keep a very stock look...but i just love the clock so much!!!

Attachments

• gauges.jpg
    gauges.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 1,160
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor