Customs Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Definitely keep your draglites; need regular wheels to get the car dialed in before switching to rims and fine-tuning the suspension.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
What makes them any less safer? 22s have the same, or smaller, overall diameter as most stock wheels & tire combos. Getting it to hook up takes more suspension tuning than just running slicks, and slicks which aren't safe for a daily driver on public roads.

22's are alot heavier, hard to balance. Probably a cheaply built cast wheel, with a low speed rated off brand tire. But yea go ahead and drag race the hell out of it. I guess im one of the few that rather have a properly sized wheel for my car thats a quality forged wheel and a name brand tires that's proven and meant to drag race. But hey thats just me.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
They do make forged 22" wheels, I own 2 sets, and they are lighter than steel 15s. They also do make W and Z rated tires for them, but no drag radials yet.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
They do make forged 22" wheels, I own 2 sets, and they are lighter than steel 15s. They also do make W and Z rated tires for them, but no drag radials yet.

My guess is most people who race on 22's dont have forged wheels and have sh*t tires. If you really drag race alot, you wouldn't do 22's.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
It's a lot of "run what you brung" in the south. It's a little more gratifying to beat somebody that's on DRs or slicks when you're still on 22" street tires. Not many street cars run 10s period; the guy in the video ran a 10.39 on heavy, non-forged 22s.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX

My guess is most people who race on 22's dont have forged wheels and have sh*t tires. If you really drag race alot, you wouldn't do 22's.
It's a lot of "run what you brung" in the south. It's a little more gratifying to beat somebody that's on DRs or slicks when you're still on 22" street tires. Not many street cars run 10s period; the guy in the video ran a 10.39 on heavy, non-forged 22s.

Im also in the south, be we dont drag race donks. We drag race, race cars. TX , home of the fastest street cars. Where 10sec street cars are the norm.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I'm from the south; there are many G-Bodies, B-Bodies, & Donks that drag race on big wheels, especially in Florida. These aren't professional, sponsored drag cars, just fast street cars.

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Wow, those guys are movin'! What was the ET on that last vid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor