Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I ordered up my shorties today. I got a set from Thornton Muscle cars for Gbody olds that look nice and are supposed to fit like the factory manifolds. I've got a good exhaust shop locally and if the Pypes DPs don't bolt up exactly to the manifolds I'll have them modify it to fit. Cut and Welding flanges is no big deal.

I'll post up a pic of the atrocious install that was done with the long tubes after I pull them.

Reactions: 1 user

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I ordered up my shorties today. I got a set from Thornton Muscle cars for Gbody olds that look nice and are supposed to fit like the factory manifolds.

What did you buy exactly?

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Late to the party but yeah, I bought the pypes 3" system for my grand prix which only comes in rear bumper exit. Bumper exit works for A bodies where the quarters go below the frame more and F bodies where the rear rises up but the way the rear of a G body is I feel the rear exits kinda ruin the view. Seeing 2ft of pipe run down the side is kinda blah.

Plus you can't run a trailer hitch and it adds like 8lbs of pipe to go to bumper exit.

I cut the bend of my pipe right where it makes the turn to go toward the rear bumper and flipped the pipe 180 degrees. From there I took a 35 ish degree cut to match the slope of the quarter.

Attachments

• CAM03007_zpsc7r1b6m2.jpg
    CAM03007_zpsc7r1b6m2.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 248
  • CAM03122_zpsxmwtlf3w.jpg
    CAM03122_zpsxmwtlf3w.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 239
Reactions: 1 users

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I never saw those headers before. Didn't know they made em. What's the tube size?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor