daily driver thread.... What are you driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
My daily driver is a 2000 Cadillac Seville. It needs front struts now i had to replace the exhaust from the manifold back. That includes cat, removed resonator with 2.5 pipe to a y pipe and it connects to a pair of Corsa mufflers . Its loud but doesn't really make decent power until above 3k. Its a clean car so its all good for now...
08230918292.jpg

Maybe after some struts some 20's and a sound system are next. I really want another WJ Jeep or a pick-up. That would be nice for a junkyard hauler and trips to the mountains for some fishing and some offroading. 8)

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
pontiacgp said:
I use my G body as a daily driver but I'm looking at a BMW for a winter car...just to piss off a few buddies who put away their BMWs and drive an old GM for the winter... 8)
I love it! :p The irony is that they'll probably get through the winter just fine, and you'll end up with all kinds of trouble! :lol:

I was driving my '81 Buick Century Wagon all summer, and planned on driving it this winter...
Well it turns out I don't have the heart to do it, so I'm stashing it away with the others.

33378650003_medium.jpg

33378650002_medium.jpg

I'm reluctantly breaking my '96 Caprice Classic out of it's slumber to fulfill my winter beater duties after spending the better part of the last two years in storage.

31736610001_medium.jpg

31736610002_medium.jpg

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
I'm rolling in a ford expedition most of the time since its my gas saver. but the monte gets driving at least 4 times a week to various places.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
In the "nice" season my malibu doubles as my daily driver, but year round........ :twisted:
JEEP1.jpg

heep3E.jpg

My rebuilt wreck cherokee, picked it up for somewhere around $300, fixed it for less than $50 (friends had spare parts), lifted for $400, tires for $500, it's probably the ugliest thing I have ever driven, but it's perfect for bouncing off trees, rocks, and whatever else gets in its way, lol, been meaning to paint it for the last 2 years but haven't got around to it yet, maybe next year.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I DD an 03 AWD Safari but I am considering my buddies '96 7 series Bimmer as a beater and just leaving the van at work for deliveries. He has had it CL all summer and nobody has come us with the $$ yet.

madmaxstyle

Greasemonkey
Jul 21, 2009
Alberta
'80 Silverado C20 Camper Special 3+3 totally original except for the motor (which I 'borrowed' from under the hood of the camino) 4.56 rears, Turbo400, root puller extraordinair . I feel bad driving it - its interior is really nice for 30 years old.
Can't beat the reliability and interchangability of parts though.
The old crew cab swallowed my g-body motor like leftover cake (room for way more +2 people to sit under the hood) and I get to drive the oldest DD around these here parts. (when I go out the only things I see older are completely restored and therefore you don't see those really driving in the winter)

I look at it like reuse reduce and recycle. My trucks paid for itself probably around 1986 and therefore I reduce my carbon footprint by NOT buying a new truck from GM . By 1992 it paid for itself again. again in 98 probably and at least twice more since then. (considering the value of paying for itself gets lower every time) I'm laughin all the way to the bank in this truck

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
I mostly drive a '95 3/4 T Chebby with the paint falling off.....(I need to get Blake to paint it) My wife is mostly cruising a 99 Cherokee XJ that we bought new. I hope to have the wagon rolling by spring for the wife to drive in good weather

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
My '71 Datsun 1200 has been my DD since 3/'05. Before that I drove a '64 Rambler American for about 4 years.
20090614114928DSC07050.jpg

10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor