daily driver thread.... What are you driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brickbeats

n00b
Jul 3, 2008
4174732129_06403e4c10.jpg

1993 Olds Eighty Eight Touring Sedan (homemade) 3800 series I, gutted cat, Thrush muffler, cold air intake (air filter box cut open with wiz wheel) K&N filter... mabey about 200 horse... :)

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
98 Jeep Wrangler sport daily
I also have a 69 VW Karmann Ghia restored to show quality that gets driven around the block from time to time.
Once my Cutlass Cruiser is fixed up I will drive it regularly. I need to fix the roof rack so it doesn't leak and a few other things first.

Attachments

• Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    929.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    898.7 KB · Views: 162

[email protected]

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Wisconsin
My wife and I more so share a vehicle during the snow covered months. It's a 2002 Dodge Caravan, it's actually her parents vehicle, they are well into retirement and have authorized us sole use in exchange for picking up any of their daily needs such as medicine. I am very grateful for this, the(slight) down side is maintenance is all my responsibility, and I mean all my responsibility financially as well, so for example if the alternator goes, I buy it(with my own money) and install it. I change the oil, I do all that kinda stuff, which is why it is here instead of anywhere else(the other kids in the family think it's unfair, they are the same kids that won't pick up her folks medication, or maintain their own vehicles! Duh, to them!)

We also have a 1996 Chevy S-10 SLS, Regular cab short box, auto with a 4.3L. The SLS series is basically an Extreme, but without the ground effects package(to harbor moisture and rot your body faster), it has the factory lowered suspension featuring a rear sway bar with 3rd shock absorber & 16" aluminum Extreme wheels. It does get driven in the winter, but very little, I only take it out if I absolutely have to when there's snow.

I actually ride my Raleigh mountain bike a quite a bit, all year round.
Despite the fact I also have 4 vehicles of my own besides those.
My summer DD is my 1963 Ford Econoline Van, it's truly a beautiful survivor.
the other three are projects:
1986 Monte Carlo SS, 350ci & other mods
1982 Chevy S-10, 4"body-dropped with hydraulics
1987 Pontiac Fiero, W/1988 2.0L Turbo Sunbird swap.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
1983 Pontiac Bonneville wagon,301 4 speed. 1999 Pontiac Sunfire 5 speed. Ongoing project a 77' Trans Am 400 4 speed.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
83cutlassowner said:
heres my "nice car" .2002 malibu ls power everything only option it doesnt have is the mirror compass only thing i ever had to do to this car is put 2 tires on it since i got it with 35,000 miles. has 88,000 miles now. ceramic pads are amazing
malibu.JPG

heyyyy ive got a thing for those cars lol

IhaveNoPantsOn

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2009
Holyoke, MA
Driving this POS all year----------------------------------------------------->

Caballero

Apprentice
Oct 12, 2009
buickestate said:
One of my roadmaster wagons, the white one is my work horse, the blue one is for not work daily chores

DSC01116.jpg

Nice wagons. Do they have the lt1s in them? Did any of the Roadmaster wagons come stock without the wood panels? I know the same body Olds wagons did.

Camshaft

Master Mechanic
May 27, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
The Cutlass is my daily driver in the spring, summer, and beginning of autumn. I've been known to drive my MGB daily during these times as well.

I drive a 2000 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 in the wintertime. 2.5l four-cylinder, five-speed, 4.10 non-posi.

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
This has been my daily driver for the last 7 years. Before anybody starts laughing at my Mustang II, it runs a 351W with Edelbrock heads, intake and cam, 4speed overdrive and 8” Posi….it pretty much holds it own. The 83 El Camino that I’m putting the 500 Caddy in will probably be used to replace it as daily transportation when it’s done.

77Coupe.jpg

The wife’s daily driver is an 84 El Camino with 350/350 that I put together last spring.

84paint1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor