Dakota Digital Gauges ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
That's the version I intend to use, same layout as original, but backlit with white and red needles. Where did you put the switches for adjusting the settings?
I like the fact that most people don’t even notice they are aftermarket gauges. They look a lot like the factory rally pack. I put two momentary contacts (very small) in the insulation panel under the IP.

Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
$800 dollars USD? Holy sh*t dude lol.
Yes, I agree that seems like a lot. But as noted the quality and reliability is there. Where else can you buy a modern gauge package that is designed specifically for your vehicle, looks factory stock and is plug and play? I much prefer this approach over trying to piece in individual gauges. I chose the blue backlighting since my car has a blue interior / exterior.

1619698599898.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Yes, I agree that seems like a lot. But as noted the quality and reliability is there. Where else can you buy a modern gauge package that is designed specifically for your vehicle, looks factory stock and is plug and play? I much prefer this approach over trying to piece in individual gauges. I chose the blue backlighting since my car has a blue interior / exterior.

View attachment 174218
I did the same but was hoping for the teal that the pics make it look like which it isn't, the one problem I have is that I have to set the speed multiple times. I did it the first time and then has asked again so I haven't done it again yet, but thinking that I have a accessory hooked when it should be constant for memory or something

But I very much enjoy the gauges themselves, I went overboard and bought every option they had so ended up not using some since I got the LS swap too since that was the original plan. But it is nice to have all my air ride listed in the gauges as well
20200528_194953.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia

View attachment 174218
Thanks for the replies and pics. The car I am working on is a diesel that will soon get a gas engine, so the tachometer and fuel gauge would need to be changed out. The 79 Cutlass I had 30 years ago had glitchy gauges - I actually put a crack in the instrument panel surround slapping on it to get the gauges to work (I can laugh about it now.) So, I figure if I am taking them out, might as well get a good reliable modern set, but I do prefer the traditional look. Dakota also has a cruise control unit that should plug right in with an LS ECM and the DD gauge set up. I was looking at Dakota and another vintage-look gauge set. While the other is a little cheaper, it is essentially a gauge and panel package, but does not have the connectivity and options of the Dakota set. Plus, I suspect Dakota is an easier install with the remote located wiring block, so you don't have to connect every gauge individually behind the dash.

Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
I guess you haven't priced gauges lately. That's about normal for a factory fit unit. You can drop $600 on Autometers, then have to mount them.
I haven't no lol, for that price I would wire up my own LED's and screen, but not everyone can do that obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor