• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
I can commiserate 🙄I have about 1/2 of my interior sem
Painted
Stalled at the dash and lower backseat panels where seatbelts come through - it is a little daunting lol
Sometimes I wish I could just pay someone to do it for me - I don’t believe such a person exists in my location

Str8sixfan

Apprentice
Jul 17, 2022
Hutch, I've already seen both of those, but I'm telling you there's a difference between my 79 and those two

Str8sixfan

Apprentice
Jul 17, 2022
OK ELCAM, I was convinced that maybe the fasteners were sheered off, because I couldn't see anything but foam looking down these holes. But decided to shove a philips head screwdriver down this hole and see if it'd latch on to anything. Sure enough it did. Those suckers were buried in there.
Did you get these? One on each side.
View attachment 210139

OK ELCAM, I was convinced that maybe the fasteners were sheered off, because I couldn't see anything but foam looking down these holes. But decided to shove a philips head screwdriver down this hole and see if it'd latch on to anything. Sure enough it did. Those suckers were buried in there! Thanks for the extra push!

mwjoyce78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 10, 2018
New Hampshire
OK ELCAM, I was convinced that maybe the fasteners were sheered off, because I couldn't see anything but foam looking down these holes. But decided to shove a philips head screwdriver down this hole and see if it'd latch on to anything. Sure enough it did. Those suckers were buried in there.

OK ELCAM, I was convinced that maybe the fasteners were sheered off, because I couldn't see anything but foam looking down these holes. But decided to shove a philips head screwdriver down this hole and see if it'd latch on to anything. Sure enough it did. Those suckers were buried in there! Thanks for the extra push!
Now the fun continues. Nice job!

Reactions: 1 user

Str8sixfan

Apprentice
Jul 17, 2022
I just posted to my tik tok and IG to explain further. I'm Str8sixfan there too. YouTube short version is clipped as there is a 60sec limit there, and I recorded 90secs
OK, here's the long form version of the video. Thanks for all the write ups in this thread. Super helpful. Used a lot of the tidbits from earlier posts. Found a few differences, so we can let this live on as a reference for others with an early production era Grand Prix -

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Only thing I remember about the dash that I pulled and stashed up on the mezzanine floor in my shop is that i did it a long time ago and once I thought I had located and removed everything that had to be unscrewed, popped free, untaped, or dismounted, it turned out that a second and third pass found more fiddly bits that had to be dealt with. Only recommendation here is to take your time and don't stress the plastic. IT BREAKS. if it won't come easy then there is something that needs to freed up first.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor